Windows 10: Windows 10 December version 1809 update wrecked keyboard driver, unable to login.

Discus and support Windows 10 December version 1809 update wrecked keyboard driver, unable to login. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, MS Community, ...On a Toshiba A655-S6094 laptop, 64 bit o/s x64 Intel i7 core Q740 @1.73GHz Device ID: 0F1CA909-7F8D-41D1-A5ED-BCF1B7A590, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rotten Karma, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 December version 1809 update wrecked keyboard driver, unable to login.

Hi, MS Community,

...On a Toshiba A655-S6094 laptop, 64 bit o/s x64 Intel i7 core Q740 @1.73GHz Device ID: 0F1CA909-7F8D-41D1-A5ED-BCF1B7A590, Windows 10 version 1809 ( installed on 2018/10/03 os build 17763.194.

After installing the major update this past Saturday ~11pm (2018/12/15) and doing the restart, I now am unable to use any keys but the SPACE BAR, Back Space and Enter Key.

...This problem applies to the built-in kybd, a Logitech USB and a Wireless Kybds. I was able to use the on-screen kybd to login once, and tried the suggested remedy of installing the latest drivers ( both Microsoft's and Logitech's ) and then did another restart.

...On the last reboot, the on-screen kybd no longer worked correctly. In fact it now has the same issues as all the other ones.

...Since I can not use any kybd to login, what is you next recommendation(s) ?

...I do have other Windows 10 Home laptops which I did supposedly(?) applied the same(?) updates automatically downloaded by Windows 10, but did not have this problem but on the one mentioned above.

...The drivers, shown after the latest updates were installed, are Microsoft ver. 10.0.17763.1 ( date 06/21/2006 ) and Logitech ver. 4.0.101.0 ( dated 04/11/2007 ), as per the system before the last reboot screwed up the on-screen kybd. I did screen prints of the properties just incase there were additional problems and I am glad I did, but not glad to be having such a headache to deal with.

...As I can not log-in, I can not even access the original Windows installation to start from scratch.

...All suggestions will be greatly accepted. Wayne Williams *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy *** registered user.

:)

rotten Karma, Dec 17, 2018

2. No keyboard at login

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to again login using the on screen keyboard and the follow the steps to update drivers as the issue might be due to drivers.

Follow the steps to Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

If the issue persists, then try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the driver and check.

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Hood Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 December version 1809 update wrecked keyboard driver, unable to login.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 December version 1809 update wrecked keyboard driver, unable to login.

1. Windows 10 December version 1809 update wrecked keyboard driver, unable to login. - Similar Threads - December version 1809

2. Windows 10 version 1809 Unable to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 version 1809 Unable to update: Hello, I've had this Lenovo laptop which was not updated itself since the 2020 when it was bought. Turns out i was updating it, only for all changed to be reverted or updates being stuck on 0. I have attempted to fix the issue by performing a complete factory reset, yet...
  3. Windows 10 version 1809 Unable to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version 1809 Unable to update: Hello, I've had this Lenovo laptop which was not updated itself since the 2020 when it was bought. Turns out i was updating it, only for all changed to be reverted or updates being stuck on 0. I have attempted to fix the issue by performing a complete factory reset, yet...
  4. Windows 10 version 1809 Unable to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update windows 10 to 1809 version

Update windows 10 to 1809 version: Hi, How do i update my windows 10 to a specific version? I have 1607 version installed and want to update it to 1809 version. If I used media creation tools to upgrade my PC, will I able to choose which version or does it automatically install the latest version? Thanks,...
  6. Unable to update from version 1709 to 1809

Unable to update from version 1709 to 1809: I have tried numerous times updating my system from 1709 to 1809 with no luck whatsoever. I deleted previous downloads of 1809 and tried a fresh version today but the system just rolls back to the previous version. "restoring your previous version of windows" It seems...
  7. Unable to update to version 1809

Unable to update to version 1809: TO VERSION 1809 It takes a long time to update after reaching 72 percent and once it starts downloading at 52 percent this error message is generated. Used Troubleshooter first to make sure that there were no errors. Attempted updating several times and same message.[IMG]...
  8. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates wreck my installed drivers: Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a...
  9. Windows 1809 update not showing up in December

Windows 1809 update not showing up in December: Clicking "Check for updates" does not result in the 1809 update being detected on my computer. I am currently on 1803. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1809-update-not-showing-up-in-december/f7e7e858-e6d6-4d65-b299-329d9c91d1d4
  10. Windows 10 version 1809 Mapped Driver and other bugs could be fixed in December

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 Mapped Driver and other bugs could be fixed in December: Microsoft has already addressed the critical issues in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and the company is testing another patch for the operating system which will fix all kind of glitches. Earlier this month, Microsoft acknowledged a bug in Windows 10 version...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 keyboard driver for 64bit

2. windows 10 1809 unable to login

3. no usb mouse and keyboard win version 1809

4. 1809 update kills keyboard,
  5. unable to update windows 10 december update,
  6. windows10 ver 1809 Desember kb44712331,
  7. windows 1809 in december,
  8. 1809 update problems december,
  9. windows 10 change cave logon 1809,
  10. windows 1809 december 18