Windows 10: Windows 10 dedicated server hosting

Discus and support Windows 10 dedicated server hosting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot host any game servers on Windows 10 Enterprise as Halo Combat Evolved or Jedi Academy.. The ports do not list, as if windows 10 is preventing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GVEA, Jan 14, 2019.

1. GVEA Win User

Windows 10 dedicated server hosting

I cannot host any game servers on Windows 10 Enterprise as Halo Combat Evolved or Jedi Academy.. The ports do not list, as if windows 10 is preventing game software to list on ports.

:)

2. Castiel Win User

Dedicated Server Host

I would contact Digital Ocean before implementing a game server on a droplet. Because it is still shared hosting, this is basically built for websites and applications. FYI, they are a new company and I would read the reviews for them because I have seen several times people have lost their data due to their "SSD" solutions.

I would suggest to price match your best out of dedicated game server hosting, don't try to use a web hosting company. Because you will max out the shared resources when the server is full.

Castiel, Jan 14, 2019
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    Dedicated Server Host

Looking into grabbing a dedicated server to host a few small game servers and maybe a vent or something. But every host I find seems to be aimed at the higher end market.

I don't want to spend $100+ a month and use a server at 10% of its capacity.

So does anyone know of any hosts that offer "micro" dedicated servers?

Looking for 25-50GB of hd space, 4-8GB of RAM, Decent CPU, Solid connection, and preferably something that's manageable via a remote desktop application and not command line.

Also if anyone here hosts, I'm only looking for up to a year of hosting. Should be moving in the next few months at which point I'm saying f the bundle plan and spending big on internet and skipping out on tv. At which point my home server will act as the host for everything.

ShiBDiB, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Web host into dedicated server

You can get your web site on a dedicated server by paying the hosting company to give you a dedicated server if they offer that. Your web site is on a shared server with other hosted sites.

Why do you have a need for a dedicated server?

Kreij, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 dedicated server hosting - Similar Threads - dedicated server hosting

2. minecraft dedicated server telemetry error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft dedicated server telemetry error: When I open the minecraft dedicated server program, the server does not open with the message shown in the screenshot. Please explain in detail what to do....
  3. minecraft dedicated server telemetry error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minecraft dedicated server telemetry error: When I open the minecraft dedicated server program, the server does not open with the message shown in the screenshot. Please explain in detail what to do....
  4. Regarding dedicated DNS servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding dedicated DNS servers: Hi Guys,We created two new dedicated DNS servers on the windows server in case one fails the other one can still resolve the queries. We also have Microsoft AD in our environment for our users. So, our primary DNS server in all user's machines is our AD server. The problem is...
  5. Regarding dedicated DNS servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding dedicated DNS servers: Hi Guys,We created two new dedicated DNS servers on the windows server in case one fails the other one can still resolve the queries. We also have Microsoft AD in our environment for our users. So, our primary DNS server in all user's machines is our AD server. The problem is...
  6. Dedicated servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated servers: It never lets me join dedicated servers. I can't join servers in Stormworks and Terraria. It's not my router or the games settings so I think it has to do with windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-servers/e27536a8-83cf-4bc0-a0e9-374e41d97f55
  7. Ark dedicated Server issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark dedicated Server issues: Seriously frustrated and thinking about surrendering to ARK forever!I run a dedicated server from my windows 10 pc so my husband, friends and I can connect and play on our xboxes. As of mid April, I'm assumining around the 14th, they're was a windows update and Ark wouldn't...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated server: I am unable to connect to my own dedicated server. I also put on the UWP loopback and was still unable to connect to my world. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-dedicated-server/10a25b99-6fe3-4b99-83c0-3d54e862755a
  9. Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server problems.: I downloaded minecraft bedrock server and extracted it, then i followed the tutorial in "how to install.pdf" all seems ok but when i want to join my world throught lan tab it appears, but when i join it freezes at "Locating server" Generating world. I dont know what to do...
  10. Windows 10 dedicated server hosting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dedicated server hosting: I cannot host any game servers on Windows 10 Enterprise as Halo Combat Evolved or Jedi Academy.. The ports do not list, as if windows 10 is preventing game software to list on ports. 125305