Windows 10: Windows 10 Deduplication

Discus and support Windows 10 Deduplication in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Someone tried to activate the deduplication functionality from existing files Windows Server Technical Preview 2 in the Windows 10 version 100 130. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smmoreira, Jun 17, 2015.

1. smmoreira Win User

Windows 10 Deduplication

Someone tried to activate the deduplication functionality from existing files Windows Server Technical Preview 2 in the Windows 10 version 100 130.
    I tried to create the file structure used in "Windows Server Technical Preview 2", but currently do not know how to create the cab file with the files "update.cat" and "update.num".

:)

smmoreira, Jun 17, 2015

2. Deduplication on Windows 10

Hi Erik,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the delay in response.

The issue you posted would be better suited in the TechNet forums; we would recommend posting your query in the TechNet forums
    for better assistance:

Technet forums

Abdul_Malik, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Deduplication on Windows 10

I am having some problems running Start-DedupJob on Windows 10. I got the feature installed sucessfully, but i am having some problems running DeDupJobs.

Data Deduplication failed to start job type "Optimization" on volume "X" with error "0x80565309". A required filter driver is either no installed, not loaded or not ready for service.

I cannot find anything regarding this error online, neither on the errorcode itself or on the whole error message.

I do not know if i am missing the driver, or if i have it loaded.

Had the same error on both 10240 and 10586.36 Build.

Thanks, Erik

Windows 10 Deduplication [​IMG]

Erik Johansen, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Unrow Win User

Windows 10 Deduplication

Unrow, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Deduplication

1. Windows 10 Deduplication - Similar Threads - Deduplication

2. DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS with Deduplication enabled drives: Hi Experts, I have 2 DFS enabled servers for file share, with 2 way replication enabled. In one server the drive that contains file is already enabled with Deduplication but on the other side its not. So in my first server total size shows less than 2.5 TB but on the other...
  3. DFS with Deduplication enabled drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DFS with Deduplication enabled drives: Hi Experts, I have 2 DFS enabled servers for file share, with 2 way replication enabled. In one server the drive that contains file is already enabled with Deduplication but on the other side its not. So in my first server total size shows less than 2.5 TB but on the other...
  4. Data Deduplication for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Deduplication for Windows 10: Hello, I have found a program to activate Data Deduplication for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. Weblink is: http://www.orontesprojects.com/?page_id=371 Direct download is: http://www.orontesprojects.com/dedup/datadedup.zip They deliver a free license to register the...
  5. Windows Server 2016 Data Deduplication users: please install KB3216755

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2016 Data Deduplication users: please install KB3216755: Hi folks!Based on several customer bug reports, we have issued a critical fix for Data Deduplication in Windows Server 2016 in the most recent Windows update package, KB3216755. This patch fixes an issue where corruptions may appear in files larger than 2.2 TB. While we...