Windows 10: Windows 10 Default App Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Default App Issues in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Please let me know how should I fix multiple Windows 10 app issues like Photos, Calendar, Weather, Stor to update apps, etc.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AshishEben, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Default App Issues

Please let me know how should I fix multiple Windows 10 app issues like Photos, Calendar, Weather, Stor to update apps, etc.

:)

AshishEben, Nov 22, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Windows 10 Default App Issues :(

puma99dk|, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Default App Issues

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Default App Issues

1. Windows 10 Default App Issues - Similar Threads - Default App Issues

2. Default app issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default app issue: I accidentally clicked "Always allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app", how do I undo it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-issue/f918ff42-1711-40c3-9ee8-5aa1f86c1dc4
  3. Default app issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default app issue: I accidentally clicked "Always allow www.roblox.com to open links of this type in the associated app", how do I undo it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-issue/f918ff42-1711-40c3-9ee8-5aa1f86c1dc4
  4. Windows 10 default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 default apps: I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 on Windows 10 21H1 that has taken to resetting the default apps to Microsoft apps on every boot. I have tried the registry entry fixes that I have found and none of them work. It resets all the default apps - browser, photos, music etc. The system...
  5. Default App Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default App Issues: Hello, I've recently bought a refurbished computer, and many problems are occurring with windows-related programs: 1. An error message appears when I click on "display settings" both from right-clicking the desktop and clicking "System" in windows settings. The message...
  6. Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App

Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App: Hi, On May 3, 2019 I asked the following (see following link); https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-default-photos-app-settings-issue/d11156ba-76fa-4c14-b8c8-0f4bfa56d1aa I also reported the is issue on the Feedback Hub (see following link);...
  7. Windows 10 default Photos App settings issue

Windows 10 default Photos App settings issue: Hi, I am using the Windows 10 default Photos App to view, edit, Etc. photos on my computer. Is there a way to change the Photos App orientation display settings, to display a true representation of the photos orientation? The reason I am asking is when I use the Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 default apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 default apps: when i want to open my windows 10 default apps, it keeps closing everytime i open it, every single default app ( Microsoft Store Apps) including calculator, camera, weather, and Microsoft Store itself. i try everything on internet but it doesnt solved at all. i've done...
  9. Issues Selecting Default App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues Selecting Default App: Hello, I've been looking online and can't find anything, so I figured I'd make a post. I just installed Win 10 Pro on my work laptop (ssd died so I needed a replacement) and I noticed that all the files I put on my computer were trying to save as Excel files, which I...
  10. Windows 10 Default apps issue

Windows 10 Default apps issue: Alright so at my stupidity I was following the instructions of a xbox live support representive with my xbox app they told me to run a powershell command that deleted all my apps and then run this other powershell command to restore my apps. I have been trying to get my apps...