Windows 10: Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had this issue before. So I wiped my drive and reinstalled the windows. I've been on this new installation of windows for a week. I noticed the icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PoyoPoak, May 13, 2022.

1. PoyoPoak Win User

Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing

I had this issue before. So I wiped my drive and reinstalled the windows. I've been on this new installation of windows for a week. I noticed the icons were gone again today. I had windows update this morning. How could I fix this?

:)

PoyoPoak, May 13, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 13, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2022
  4. thegave Win User

Need default Windows icons

Would it have the default icons?

thegave, May 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing - Similar Threads - Default Application Icons

2. Taskbar missing open application icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  3. Taskbar missing open application icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  4. Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing: I had this issue before. So I wiped my drive and reinstalled the windows. I've been on this new installation of windows for a week. I noticed the icons were gone again today. I had windows update this morning. How could I fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Default Application Icons Missing: I had this issue before. So I wiped my drive and reinstalled the windows. I've been on this new installation of windows for a week. I noticed the icons were gone again today. I had windows update this morning. How could I fix this?...
  6. Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.: I did a system restart a while earlier and now my applications have this default look, nothing in my computer is broken, but it's a bit jarring.help me fix this....
  7. Missing application icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing application icon: Xbox app logo won’t appear. I had this issue with discord but I was able to uninstall and reinstall and the logo came back. I can still open the application but I can’t run any games through it(it either says “you can’t run this app” or opens and closes immediately). I’ve...
  8. Windows 10 default applications location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 default applications location: Hi. I just got Xbox Game Pass and wanted to install a game from it. However when I want to install on any drive other than C it asks me to change default applications location as chosen drive is not configured. When I then try to change it it warns me that there are...
  9. Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon

Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon: I edited my regedit registry to asign an extension a default custom icon. For example the .js extension. In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.js key I added a new value called DefaultIcon pointing to the path where my icon is located. I also went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/JSFile/DefaultIcon...
  10. Default Applications in Windows 10

Default Applications in Windows 10: I am trying to change a default application in Windows 10. I go to Settings > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type. I cannot click on the file in the Name column. I click on the app in the Default App column that I want to change. "Choose an app" pops up, but...