Windows 10: Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all

Discus and support Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all I have the Windows 10 upgrade on my desktop PC. Recently, the default programs Photo Viewer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hansrajdas, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all

Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all

I have the Windows 10 upgrade on my desktop PC. Recently, the default programs Photo Viewer, Calendar, ms store, feedback hub,and all the program default expect ms edge and chrome have been failing to open. The photo viewer was letting me see a photo for a few seconds before closing, but that's about it. The others won't open at all. To make it even more fun, I tried resetting the photo viewer under Apps & Features advanced settings and now I don't see Photos as an app or feature at all. I'm afraid to reset the Mail & Calendar app, in case that disappears as well.

i can not reset app in the setting apps and feature ..

even i cant take screenshot

I've run maintenance checks in the security & maintenance tool, but it finds no solutions. It also reports no problems.

What might I try next that could fix this?

If you have any possible solutions, please lay out the steps as I am NOT a computer genius by any stretch, but I can follow instructions.

plz help as soon as possible

:)

hansrajdas, Dec 16, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all :(

puma99dk|, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all

Windows 10 Default Programs

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set as default app.

• In the search box, type “settings”.
    • Click on “system” and on the left hand corner click on
      “default apps”.
    • Under “choose default apps” click on the “+” symbol and you can
      add the apps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all

1. Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all - Similar Threads - default apps programs

2. Windows Default Programs all screwed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default Programs all screwed up: So, because of certain programs I use (and general laziness) I continue to use both Windows 7 and Windows 10. After a bit on 7, I booted back to Windows 10, ran some updates, started doing some stuff. I then just went to open calculator, and what popped up in the start menus...
  3. All default windows 10 apps aren't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All default windows 10 apps aren't working.: Everytime I go to open up my apps, nothing opens. This is what https://imgur.com/a/GfDVCkf Anytime I go to click on it, nothing happens. I do scans and windows find no corruptions. I did a "Reset this PC'. Both options "Keep my files" and "Remove everything". I can't...
  4. "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs

"Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs: Hi, I have been trying to set the default app for certain file types and having no luck with slightly obscure/unpopular programs. Notepad++ will not appear when I try to set it for .txt files, and MusicBee will not appear for any music file. This happens when trying to...
  5. Windows 10 default apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default apps not working: Hello, I tried to download something from the Microsoft Store, but when I opened it, it crashed, it keeps repeating. Same for any app except settings. My calculator, calendar, groove or photos and mail don't open. Is there any way of fixing it?...
  6. Windows default programs not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows default programs not working: Hi I currently have a problem with running the default windows apps like the windows store, calculator, maps and so on. It has weird text when I go to the apps and features setting. The picture below shows the weird names of the apps that are not working. if anyone has had...
  7. All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Windows Default Apps Won't Work, TWINUI: I can't start any apps on windows, such as the app store itself, the mail app, or Groove Music. Help would be much appreciated, the troubleshooter doesn't do anything and I already tried restorehealth in the command prompt. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Default Programs [Apps]

Default Programs [Apps]: I am trying to set a Default App for a specific File. Adobe Reader will open the File, but I cannot see the File Extension in the "Choose Default Apps by File Type" in Settings. The File Extension is "jsf"...
  9. Default apps not working on windows 10

Default apps not working on windows 10: Hey there!!! Recently i noticed that none of the preinstalled softwares from windows 10 are not working on my laptop. I own a Dell Inspiron 7000 series gaming laptop with gtx 1050ti gpu. I dont know if the problem came up due to the new windows 10 update because i dont...
  10. Windows 10 Default Apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Default Apps not working: it's been days I can't run default Apps in my PC, I have followed the solutions from several peoples but no one works. I am not a technician. i don't know what to do. I cannot run Apps like Defualt Photo & Video Viewer, Maps, Camera, Xbox, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Office....