Windows 10: Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to...

Discus and support Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Let me explain the circumstances here, because it seems the circumstances are not at all similar to anyone else at all. I have seen other threads that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LamyJr, Mar 6, 2020.

1. LamyJr Win User

Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to...

Let me explain the circumstances here, because it seems the circumstances are not at all similar to anyone else at all. I have seen other threads that have ALMOST the same issue, but never quite exactly like mine, along with how they got to where they were at.

I was previously having an issue updating my Windows 10 because it ALWAYS gave me an "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes." error, causing me to be stuck on a single version for over a year, so I performed a reset and I had chosen the option to fully clean the drive.

After going through the setup process of my now like-new machine and landing on my desktop, I didn't touch a thing, and I went straight to the update center to download and install all of the latest updates to bring my machine up to date. Current version I am on as a result of this is: Version 1909 OS Build 18363.693

Then I immediately attempted to go onto the Windows Store after booting back up and landing on my desktop to re-install some apps after getting all of the updates out of the way, and I just couldn't? I was clicking it and it simply was just doing nothing, no response.

Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to... b7bb3b94-b8b4-4616-9bb5-3b406271edad?upload=true.png

So then I did some searching online and tried this command in an elevated PowerShell window:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocationAppXManifest.xml”}

Additionally I tried a similar command in an elevated command prompt window, but I am unable to find that one again.

After doing this, Microsoft Store now at least opens; but only a mere flash of an outline of a window occurs, as if it's closing instantly after it is opened at an incredible speed. Although this was not always consistent, sometimes I could AT LEAST see it achieve a fully loaded window and not just the outline, as seen here:

Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to... cdee7b7f-abb4-4167-a991-a4e7dd038dfd?upload=true.png

But it closes just as fast, I only catch a glimmer of this before it does.

I also discovered that not only was Microsoft Store broken, but every app from it was also broken, for example: Microsoft Photos.

Trying each of the aforementioned commands above yielded the same result for all of the store-related apps: all of them would either close instantly after being opened, or in the case of Microsoft Photos, when trying to open a .png file, I would see the window, but only accompanied by an error message alongside it as seen below:

Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to... ec54b20f-ebbb-489c-8942-5bf045b9bdcd?upload=true.png

I thought maybe the .png file I was trying to open may have SOMEHOW corrupted!? I think this is highly unlikely, besides, this is easily proven wrong if I try to open any other image type file including ones that were just taken seconds ago.

I also tried doing WSReset.exe for the Microsoft Store in an elevated command prompt, but below was the result:

Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to... 45a65950-4abb-4f21-8397-b243dc42974b?upload=true.png

I've tried sfc /scannow, using dism, and also the very obvious troubleshooter method, but the troubleshooter can NOT detect any issue whatsoever, it thinks everything is fine, no indication of anything wrong.

I've even tried creating a new user profile to see if the store apps would work on there, but that only brings me back to phase one of not getting any responses to clicking/attempting to open the apps in the start menu search.

I've always had the worst luck with getting issues that nobody else can figure how to fix, I hope I can be saved.

:)

LamyJr, Mar 6, 2020

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

it seems similar: a store with competitors services in it.

huguberhart, Mar 6, 2020
  3. DPM2009 Win User
    Microsoft default Apps: "Stopped responding (and was closed)"

Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

The problem with error reports on non responding Apps is not new to me; Windows 8.1 had them too- a lot.

Apps are slow to start but do work and create an error report in the background, which can be found in the Reliability Monitor, reporting: "Stopped responding [and was closed]". Eventually, apps will start and work normally.

However, the problem persists in Windows 10. Apps include (not exhaustive):

• Store
    • Calculator
    • Film & TV
    • Weather
    • Money
    • Get Office
    Is this known and is there a way to fix this?

Cheers,

Dave

DPM2009, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Gasaraki Win User

Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to...

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Look... the Steam app "violates" the App Store rules because Apple is coming out with something similar. You can't have a competitor operating in your own App Store.

Wat? Steam app is mostly Windows already. They don't need a Windows 10 app. Windows S is dead, you mean Windows 10 in S mode? S mode is for locked down environments like schools, demos, low spec computers, etc.

Don't know how we got to talking about Steam on Microsoft Store...

Gasaraki, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 default apps/store apps instantly closing or not responding at all to... - Similar Threads - default apps store

2. All apps are not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps are not responding: Hi, I ha e downloaded an app and open it using winrar through windows store. Now all my apps was replaced by WinRAR and I cannot open them. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-are-not-responding/538ef371-4c8a-4894-9d55-48d7496cfe26
  3. All apps are not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps are not responding: Hi, I ha e downloaded an app and open it using winrar through windows store. Now all my apps was replaced by WinRAR and I cannot open them. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-are-not-responding/538ef371-4c8a-4894-9d55-48d7496cfe26
  4. All apps are not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 settings, photos, app store and groove music flash and close instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings, photos, app store and groove music flash and close instantly: Hi, I've been having the problem described in the title for the past couple days now, and I've pretty much every solution I could find online, including:-Running an sfc and having that return with "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...
  6. Windows 10 settings, photos, app store and groove music flash and close instantly

Windows 10 settings, photos, app store and groove music flash and close instantly: Hi, I've been having the problem described in the title for the past couple days now, and I've pretty much every solution I could find online, including:-Running an sfc and having that return with "windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...
  7. Windows 10 settings, photos, app store and groove music flash and close instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened

All Microsoft Store Apps/ UWP Apps Crashing Instantly When Opened: I was messing around in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition's files because of an unrelated issue when I gave myself full access to the WindowsApps folder. This caused my Minecraft to stop launching all together. I then created a copy of all my files, then tried to reinstall Minecraft...
  9. Microsoft store and all apps installed from it instantly close once opened

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and all apps installed from it instantly close once opened: I have been having this issue for a few months now, after i left my laptop and it was fully dead for a week the store and apps started working, but the next day the issue reappeared, once the app opens only the function bar and borders appear for less than a second then the...
  10. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...