Windows 10: Windows 10 default background images

Discus and support Windows 10 default background images in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Just wondering if anyone has come across standard background images being updated in Windows 10 to include something a little disturbing see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leeseps_D, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Leeseps_D Win User

Windows 10 default background images

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has come across standard background images being updated in Windows 10 to include something a little disturbing see below, second tile along.

Windows 10 default background images 4078aede-530f-42bb-9b21-c581354891f5?upload=true.png

First came across this on my daughter's laptop a few weeks ago, she started it up one morning and the desktop had been set to this.

A hack? Not sure. I've come across it twice since then including earlier today when trying to set up a new laptop.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this?

:)

Leeseps_D, Oct 1, 2020

2. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Oct 1, 2020
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 default background images

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 default background images

1. Windows 10 default background images - Similar Threads - default background images

2. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  3. Windows background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows background image: I have got used to Windows resetting the background image after an update which is just an annoyance.But it also defaults to picking some random images from my recent pictures before I log in and uses them.What if it found some "private" images on the computer and they were...
  4. windows 10 background image ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 background image ???: Türkçe Merhaba, Windows 10 arka planıma bernie sanders'in png formatında bir fotoğraf yükledim. 2 arka plan pozisyonunda arka plan otomatik dolduruluyor. Orjinal fotoğraf bilgisayarımda yok. Bu nasıl olabilir? İngilizce Hello there, I uploaded a photo in png format...
  5. Windows 10 background colors default

Windows 10 background colors default: Somehow, all the background screen colors changed. How do I get the windows 10 default colors back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-background-colors-default/2d80e71d-f083-46c1-a444-e62326802421
  6. Windows 10 Default Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Default Backgrounds: Hey, just wanted to ask if any of you guys have a google photos album or something like that with all the Windows 10 Default Background? I would be especially happy about the one with the green tent under the stars. I couldn’t find anything with a decent high resolution....
  7. Custom Windows 10 Setup Image Background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom Windows 10 Setup Image Background: Hello Everyone, I was wondering if it was possible to change the background during the setup of a Windows Installation. Or somehow make it so it's not showing anything on the screen as the installation is taking place with an autounattend file. I will be using a Windows Pro...
  8. Background Image

Background Image: My laptop changed the background image by itself with my PC's one. I installed Windows 10 from there website on my new PC and reinstalled the same Windows on my laptop. I connected on both devices on my Microsoft Account. However I did this a few weeks ago and my laptop's...
  9. set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

set default fit for background image on Windows 10?: hi, I keep setting the fit of the background image to "center". However, every time I log on, the background image fit has been reset to "stretch". --> How can I get the fit of the background image to stop changing?...
  10. Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Specify Default Desktop Background in Windows 10 [img] Information Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color,...