Windows 10: Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep!

Discus and support Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; selecting email in any app results in email program not found error, occasionally I see the windows live logo before the error message- I am presuming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davebaker6904, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep!

selecting email in any app results in email program not found error, occasionally I see the windows live logo before the error message- I am presuming this is down to a wrong or missing DLL call in the registry and that the default has not set properly.

I am not alone in this problem and I am absolutely amazed that microsoft have not thought it right to issue a patch to fix it!

:)

davebaker6904, Jan 20, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Jan 20, 2021
  3. JillXP Win User
    email will not set as a default

I just got windows 10 and I can't get either of my 2 email accounts to set as the default. I am trying to get either Windows Mail or Windows Outlook to be my default but neither will work. I have gone to control panel, set defaults, but the only mail
    listed in the defaults list is Windows Mail. I have set it as the default but when I try to send a picture via email it tells me there is no default email account. (in the default list it shows Windows Mail as being the default mail) If I right click on
    a photo in My Pictures folder I can't use the feature there to send a photo with email either. I finally decided to open a Outlook account to see if that would work but it is not in the list of defaults to choose from. Help! I have tried for days to do
    this. The emails work good for mail but as I said, I can't send a photo.

JillXP, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep!

Cannot set Windows Mail App as default email client

Hi Appu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact issue you are facing to set the Mail app as default email client?

Refer to the following steps to set Mail app as default email client:

a) Click Start button.

b) Search for and open "Default Programs".

c) Click on "Set your default programs".

d) Select "Mail" from the list of programs.

e) Click "Set this program as default".

f) Click OK and check if the issue is resolved.

Run the
    Apps troubleshooter
    and check if this resolves the issues with the mail app.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep!

1. Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep! - Similar Threads - default email set

2. windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default: Hi all, For the first time I'm using W10 (ver 1909) Mail instead of other email clients. It was very easy to setup Outlook accounts but what puzzles me is how to set "unread mails" as default instead of the current "show all items in folder." Any help on this matter will be...
  3. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting: I have reset the Windows 10 Mail default font to 12 point, followed by a Restart. However, when I start typing a new email, the font in the message is STILL the original setting of 11. If I refer back to the Default setting, it shows that it is 12. ??...
  5. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  6. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  7. Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail

Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail: In file explorer, right click on a file and select 'send to' and 'mail recipient'. The system responds that no email program ... etc. In settings, the default is set to mail, and various resolutions offered by this forum (over the last few years) have been tried without...
  8. Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 MAIL change username on email account settings: The Microsoft 10 Mail app (Not Outlook) [ATTACH] In mail settings, the user name is greyed out and has the wrong data (see above). I changed my email address for privacy to say fake. HOW DO I correct the user name there in that box without deleting the whole email account...
  9. Windows 10 won't set default email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 won't set default email: I use Windows 10 (17134.228) with Office 2016 (fully updated), on my new Lenovo Ideapad. The problem is that Windows doesn't set my default Email. So when a program wants to use the default email client to send an email, i get the error: There is no email program associated...
  10. Set default mail program

in Browsers and Email
    Set default mail program: Yeah, I know: Settings/Default or Control Panel/Default. But it won't work with OE Classic. It's installed and working but Windows never heard of it. Perhaps add it to the registry manually? 94526