Windows 10: Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

Discus and support Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sebastian_741, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of Microsoft accounts e.g. for Office 365 should not be restricted. But at the moment the login with Microsoft Account is shown as default. I have already tried the following settings: Local / Domain as standard methodThere is only the option to select "Password" as the default method. This excludes smartcard as default. But Mic

:)

Sebastian_741, Jul 12, 2022
  2. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jul 12, 2022
  3. Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

The accepted solution from user Ender might not work because it lacks a final step.

As the answer from user Alexander Davidenko states, there is another option that will automatically revert the changes you just made if you only follow Ender's answer.

To counter this automatic reversion:

1. Do every step from Ender's solution (8 steps)
    2. Type Windows key + R to open the "Run" window.
    3. Input "gpedit.msc" and hit enter to open "Local Group Policy Editor".
    4. In the left tree view, select Local Group Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates
    5. On the right pane, open System > Local Services
    6. Modify the setting "Disallow copying of user input methods to the system account for sign-in" to Enabled.

You should finally be able to use your current keyboard layout as a default input method in the Welcome screen!

user3535021, Jul 12, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

Local login visible on domain PC Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could happen if Enumerate local users on domain joined computers is configured. I would suggest you to disable the same and check if it works. Refer to thread
    Windows 10 Domain Users On Login Screen
    for more information on the same.

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

However, if the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on domain
    computers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

1. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain - Similar Threads - default login method

2. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  3. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  4. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  5. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  6. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Method of creating a domain in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Method of creating a domain in Windows 10: Can I create a domain in Windows 10 without using "windows server". For example : IIS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/method-of-creating-a-domain-in-windows-10/237d997b-5bc7-4ae0-9e5c-7d8d13568b1e
  8. Method of creating a domain in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Method of creating a domain in Windows 10: Can I create a domain in Windows 10 without using "windows server". For example : IIS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/method-of-creating-a-domain-in-windows-10/766243bc-d149-4525-8dcf-7e38cd892e3a
  9. Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain: Hello Everyone, Some of the computers on our domain have started to default to AzureAD when trying to sign in. Normally you can sign directly into our domain and authenticate against our on premise AD. Users now have to type "domain\connor" instead of "connor". How do...
  10. Domain and Local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...