Windows 10: Windows 10 Default Pictures

Discus and support Windows 10 Default Pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but I find the default pictures of Windows 10 quite amazing. So amazing in fact, that I want to use them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Windows 10 Default Pictures

I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but I find the default pictures of Windows 10 quite amazing. So amazing in fact, that I want to use them in various other places, like, for example, on my other Windows 7 PC. Does anybody know their location ?

PS: I'm talking about the desktop background pictures and the lock screen pictures.

EDIT:
    Answer by @Brink. Background pictures located in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
    Answer by @Edwin. Lock Screen pictures located in C:\Users\{your moniker}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager_xxxxxx....\LocalState\Assets
    (the xxxx..... will be random numbers/letters in the folder name.)
    they will look like blank paper icons because they don't have a file extension, just right click them and choose 'Open with' and choose Windows Photo Viewer.
    You could also Copy and Paste them into your Pictures folder then rename them with a .jpg extension.

:)

Marron, Mar 11, 2015
  2. 晓辉林 Win User

How to revise default picture format and storage for print screen

The default print screen picture format is PNG in my windows 10, how to revise the default format into Jpeg?

晓辉林, Mar 11, 2015
  3. set default program

set default program for opening pictures in windows 10

RagnarOLSEN, Mar 11, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Marron, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The default wallpapers for Windows 10 are kept in the subfolders of the folder below.

C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

The default Lock screen images are in the folder below.

C:\Windows\Web\Screen

Brink, Mar 11, 2015
  5. Dude Win User
    Marron, welcome to tenforums. They are located as shown in this pic

6. Marron Win User
    Thank you, but unfortunately, they are not all. For example, this one is not there:
    Screenshot by Lightshot

Marron, Mar 11, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    I believe MS changes the every now and then.

8. Marron Win User

And still. How can I get those ? I saw one of the most amazing pictures there a while ago.

Marron, Mar 11, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 11, 2015
  10. Marron Win User
    Marron, Mar 11, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    Right click on the desktop. Choose Personalize. Choose desktop backgrounds on the bottom toward the left. You should be able to see where the pics are located.

Winuser, Mar 12, 2015
  12. Marron Win User
    The pics aren't there. Those are the Desktop Background images, not the lock screen images.
    I am interested of the location of this picture (other pics should be there too):
    Screenshot by Lightshot

Marron, Mar 12, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm not sure since I don't have those, but you could search you C: drive for *.jpg to see if they show up in the search results. If they do, then right click on one, and click on "Open file location" to have it take you to them.

Brink, Mar 12, 2015
  14. Marron Win User
    Nope. I couldn't find them. *Sad
    PS: I switched from 'Windwos Default' to 'Slideshot' and then back to 'Windows Default' and I got a different picture:
    Screenshot by Lightshot
    I don't get a different picture if I repet the process now though.

Marron, Mar 12, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    @ Marron :
    They should be located at:

C:\Users\{your moniker}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager_xxxxxx....\LocalState\Assets

(the xxxx..... will be random numbers/letters in the folder name.)
    they will look like blank paper icons because they don't have a file extension, just right click them and choose 'Open with' and choose Windows Photo Viewer.
    You could also Copy and Paste them into your Pictures folder then rename them with a .jpg extension.

Edwin, Mar 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Default Pictures - Similar Threads - Default Pictures

2. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  3. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  4. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  5. Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder

Photos lost after changing default location of Pictures folder: I just did a clean install of windows 11 and noticed my user folder name had a typo. Searched how to rename it, found this tutorial and followed it. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-name-of-user-profile-folder-in-windows-11.2133/ After having done that, now with a...
  6. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  7. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  8. How to restore the default user profile picture?

How to restore the default user profile picture?: How to restore the default user profile picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-the-default-user-profile-picture/73a74f11-b1ce-43fd-986d-d91c35a4e33a
  9. How to restore the default user profile picture?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the default user profile picture?: How to restore the default user profile picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-the-default-user-profile-picture/73a74f11-b1ce-43fd-986d-d91c35a4e33a
  10. How can set 5 default paper size in Print Pictures dialog box?

How can set 5 default paper size in Print Pictures dialog box?: Hi According to image how can change this 5 printer paper size 12" x 18"11" x17"Legal 8.5" x 14"Letter 8.5" x 11"to for example A3A4A5LetterB4when want to set another size to print I have to click on "More..." to load the list of all paper size.thanks....