Windows 10: WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

Discus and support WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gerry yu, Apr 29, 2021.

1. gerry yu Win User

WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?

:)

gerry yu, Apr 29, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 29, 2021
  3. brubakes Win User
    setupcomplete.cmd alter default profile in sysprep

Do commands that run in the setupcomplete.cmd of sysprep effect the default user profile, mainly reg add commands? I can't determine if changes here make a difference or if as soon as you run the sysprep command it seals the default profile for changes.

brubakes, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

The default user profile will be modified, all your customizations saved, if you use /generalize switch with Sysprep, and your answer file contains the following setting in settings pass Specialize:

<CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>

See this tutorial, Step 4.3: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 | Tutorials

Thema:

1. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change - Similar Threads - default profile Sysprep

2. Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings: Hello,We have upgraded our Windows 10 image to 21H2. In Audit mode, default browser is Chrome, default video player is VLC Player. But after Sysprep, default browser resets to MS Edge, PDF's are switched from adobe to edge and etc. It also resets Power Settings, which is High...
  3. Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings: Hello,We have upgraded our Windows 10 image to 21H2. In Audit mode, default browser is Chrome, default video player is VLC Player. But after Sysprep, default browser resets to MS Edge, PDF's are switched from adobe to edge and etc. It also resets Power Settings, which is High...
  4. Windows 10 - Sysprep resets Default Apps and Power Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  6. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  7. Set Default Programs before sysprep?

Set Default Programs before sysprep?: This does't seem to carry over after sysprep. So similarly, any good options for mass deployment of default programs? So far I've been testing GPOs to no luck. Using user policy, control panel, file options, replace, docx file extensions and then I've tried the...
  8. Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash: Hi Everyone, I'm from France (sorry my English) I'm installing Windows 10 on new computer for my organization . I try to configurate one with fresh install (package of apps like Libreoffice, VLC, etc. for users) and custom desktop describes in this tutorial: Default...
  9. setupcomplete.cmd alter default profile in sysprep

setupcomplete.cmd alter default profile in sysprep: Do commands that run in the setupcomplete.cmd of sysprep effect the default user profile, mainly reg add commands? I can't determine if changes here make a difference or if as soon as you run the sysprep command it seals the default profile for changes. 86831
  10. How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep

How to replicate changes to all (Default) profiles after SysPrep: I work for a large organisation with over 250 computers across a relatively large geographical area. We have just updated to Windows 10 Enterprise (1607) and I have used the CopyProfile setting to customise the default profile in Audit Mode, such as the Start Menu and...