Windows 10: Windows 10 Default Programme Selection after approx November 2018

Discus and support Windows 10 Default Programme Selection after approx November 2018 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I think I may not be the first, judging from an internet search - to have the issue that after an Windows 10 upgrade (I believe - because I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdrianEvans1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Default Programme Selection after approx November 2018

Hello

I think I may not be the first, judging from an internet search - to have the issue that after an Windows 10 upgrade (I believe - because I had no problem when I last tried a few months ago) I have found it impossible to associate a Video file type, of my choosing, through Settings / Apps / default with a preferred media player. Although the player featured in the drop-down list, after clicking on it - only Windows Media Player seemed acceptable to Windows 10 now.

Web traffic on the subject seems to indicate that many people are having the same problem with video and other file types.

Approaching the "default" question via Control Panel > Default Programs doesn't solve the problem, neither did a solution offered in good faith to "remove the computer's Microsoft Account, which I tried.

It has been proposed by a web help site controller as a glitch with a recent Windows 10 Upgrade that has so far been ignored by Microsoft.

Will Microsoft please get on with devising and issuing a fix? Upgrades are supposed to be better (but of course they so often are not, when it comes to operating systems).

:)

AdrianEvans1, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Default Outlook 2016.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Lets follow the below steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + 'X' key.

2. Click on Control panel.

3. Click on default programmes.

4. From the list select the Programme Outlook 2016.

5. Select the option Set this Programme as default.

6. Click on ok.

Let us know if the above steps were helpful.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 Default Programme Selection after approx November 2018

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Default Programme Selection after approx November 2018

1. Windows 10 Default Programme Selection after approx November 2018 - Similar Threads - Default Programme Selection

2. DNS on selected programms

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS on selected programms: Hello, Im searching for a way to enable dns on my computer only for selected apps. For example I use dns for spotify only and not for chrome or discord! Is there any way?! submitted by /u/Wraiths_Slayer [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 default programmes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 default programmes: Sorry Rob your answer to this question last January does not work for me. Quite simply Windows 10 does not recognise that it has Adobe Photoshop 6 in its system. Defaults will see photoshop Express but I want the full programme to open all my image files. Can you help with...
  4. Windows 10 Insider Feedback Leaderboard for November 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Feedback Leaderboard for November 2018: Do you give feedback and help make Windows even better? See if you’ve made this month’s Windows Insider Leaderboard! Every day, Windows Insiders like you give valuable feedback to help make Windows even better. We recognize extraordinary Windows Insiders for their...
  5. Default programme for photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default programme for photos: Hi, I use PS Elements 18. I loaded it around September 2018 and set it as my default for opening photos after editing. However, after working on photographs today I opened one of the photos but it opened in Microsoft photos viewer. I then right clicked the photo and chose...
  6. Windows 10 deactivated after November 8 2018 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivated after November 8 2018 update: My Windows 10 installation is STILL showing the Activate Windows watermark and refuses to activate using my genuine license key. This is now 2 weeks since the original problem arising from the 8 November 2018 update and still no fix. What is going on?...
  7. November 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    November 2018 update: Last week I updated my windows 10 for the latest updates, then when I turned on my laptop after the update the things I use such as browsers would not open but when I looked in the task manager they were showing as being open, but not displayed. Then the task bar was frozen...
  8. WIFI not working after windows 10 November 2018 udpate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI not working after windows 10 November 2018 udpate: Hi, After Windows 10 November 14, 2018 update, My WIFI is not working. Tried reinstalling the drivers. However, no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-working-after-windows-10-november-2018/32b09c57-604e-4548-9001-79f36ca748c0
  9. windows 10 November 2 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 November 2 2018 update: ok downloaded the most recent update for November and didn't use the computer for a few days, when I got back on , I discovered that I couldn't get on line, could not access the internet even though I was supposedly connected. I got a do not recognize DNS server cannot...
  10. the last update windows 10 november 13th 2018 is a shit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the last update windows 10 november 13th 2018 is a shit: mouse auto click...please fix this shit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-windows-10-november-13th-2018-is-a/e4d2c494-d36d-4bfa-9c49-c0a1aa9496e6