Windows 10: Windows 10 Default User logon

Discus and support Windows 10 Default User logon in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We have a domain network with Windows 10 PC's and perform remote admin tasks either out of hours or when the user is not present. When I do this I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ian Wood Ian.Wood, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Default User logon

We have a domain network with Windows 10 PC's and perform remote admin tasks either out of hours or when the user is not present.

When I do this I sign in to the PC as a domain admin perform the work and power down. When the PC is then booted by the user the login promtp is still at the domain admin rather than the user account. This is often very confusing to the users!

Is there any way to force Windows 10 to always return the logon screen to a default user after a reboot?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

:)

Ian Wood Ian.Wood, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Default User logon

(WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

I have a windows 10 and created a guest login. But when I try to logon, i get "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Please help. And i'm no tech so please explain
    each step

AshleyStrange, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Default User logon

1. Windows 10 Default User logon - Similar Threads - Default User logon

2. Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder: My Microsoft logon account does not have complete access to my home directory.Part of the account defaults to OneDrive as a home directory.My Documents directory is on the OneDrive. The only way to see my account files is to click to my Users/<userid>/Documents.How to I...
  3. Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder: My Microsoft logon account does not have complete access to my home directory.Part of the account defaults to OneDrive as a home directory.My Documents directory is on the OneDrive. The only way to see my account files is to click to my Users/<userid>/Documents.How to I...
  4. How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user at logon screen in windows 10: Dear Microsoft, My default login user was disabled so I can't login to my laptop anymore. I have built-in Administrator enabled, but I have no idea how to change my default user sign-in at logon screen. There is only show the password entry field and no switch user options...
  5. Folder Opens at User Logon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Opens at User Logon in Windows 10: I see a lot of computers and have observed on jsut a few of them that a file folder or a higher-level entity in Explorer opens at logon. At first, it was the "Recycle Bin" and I see lots of traffic on that issue but I didn't find much in the way of satisfying solutions....
  6. default logon account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    default logon account?: I seem to recall that after a default install of a Windows OS on bare metal could have been a few versions ago or even windows server, that it came up with a default account and password of either admin/admin, or administrator/administrator. Does the current Win10 come up...
  7. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?: Hello, I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User button): (not my picture) [ATTACH] Thanks, Harry...
  8. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  9. Force User Preparation on User Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Force User Preparation on User Logon: Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but the Start menu isn't working. I suspect this is because the OS never performs its...
  10. Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro)

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro): I will describe the symptoms and solution. I can only guess at the cause. Your normal everyday logon fails to function properly after a reboot and/or cold bootup. · Cortana fails · File Explorer fails to launch fully · Desktop Browsers will not launch (except Edge still...