Windows 10: Windows 10 default Weather inaccurate

Discus and support Windows 10 default Weather inaccurate in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows 10 default weather app next day predictions are way off according to what it displays when the next day arrives...up to 11 degrees higher.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kitpzyxmsir, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Windows 10 default Weather inaccurate

The Windows 10 default weather app next day predictions are way off according to what it displays when the next day arrives...up to 11 degrees higher.

Is this the same for you? Whats your favorite weather app?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 11, 2017
  2. Makker101 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Desktop & Mobile - Weather App Highly Inaccurate for Perth, Australia

Hello

The weather app is really inaccurate in Perth, Western Australia. It seems to find the right location okay.

Example:

Wednesday 02 Dec - Weather App 29C/22 Partly Sunny - REAL from local weather bureau 36C/18C Mostly sunny

Thursday 03 Dec - Weather app 25C/16C Sunny - REAL as above 32C/21C Humid possible early storm

Friday 04 Dec - Weather app 21C/13C Sunny - REAL as above 27C/17C Possible shower

As you can see the variances are substantial and you cannot really use the Weather app at all. I have Windows 10 on the desktop and on my Lumia 1520 and both have the same inaccurate data. I assume that wherever the data is being sourced from is not accurate
    or updated regularly.

Cheers Mark

Makker101, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Bing weather-very inaccurate

yes, one of the first things I checked upon purchasing a brand new Microsoft based, HP Envy 23 computer is that upon asking for the weather to be corrected it would not let me. Though I could correct my location from London (it's preset for some unknown
    reason) to my home town in Southern CA., it did nothing to correct the data. So now I have So. Cal. data displayed as if it were London and cannot correct this. It tells me it will be foggy with a high of 71 when the truth was it was in the 90's here, with
    no, or quickly burning off fog, rapidly heating up into the 90's.

So now it's automatic,readings on my auto MSN opening page say it is Laguna Niguel, with the data from London. VERY USEFULL don't you think to demonstrate the worth of my brand new very expensive computer, which almost all my friends have told me I was
    a fool to purchase at this ultra retail price. My defense was that my home pressure ( my wife mostly) long with the package of help sessions to teach me how to use this new machine was what they wanted. So far I have learned very little,. The "migration"
    I purchased from my old computer was tantamount to shaking up a garbage can and dumping the totally unorganized garbage onto the new computer including dozens of duplicated files, making the process of reorganizing all this mess nearly insurmountable, expecially
    for someone like my self who is an idiot as far as computer secret languages and procedures.

My suggestion: don't buy any new computer! Make these companies offer a product that is usefull, understandable and transferable from older data bases.

"We an no longer accept, " sorry we lost all the data you have been spending thousands of hours, saving, creating, and organizing because we don't use or offer, or understand that computer language today, after all it's 5 years old! What do you expect?
    (I could not stop overtype above, since the computer decides to start to destroy information it does not appreciate on it's own.)

How long will all of you, (even teens, who's greatest loss may be their contact lists) still accept, allow and submit to this planned obsolescence and blatant business plan to make you buy new computers every couple of years!!?? Would you accept this for
    your cars?

garye white, Sep 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 default Weather inaccurate

Fine here - the temperature, and for now the weather too, but expecting plenty of autumnal showers.

Is your location correct? How far away is your ISP?

The weather should show the location being reported. Only other possibility is the data's coming from the wrong place, I suppose.

dalchina, Sep 11, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    I live in Aberdeen - who needs a weather app here?

Today, it will be cold and raining

Tomorrow, it will be cold and raining

The day after.......

cereberus, Sep 11, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Just think how much time you save- not needing to listen to weather forecasts or wondering whether to take a jacket or not... *Biggrin

dalchina, Sep 11, 2017
  7. Yes, it's set to always detect my location, but where is the predictive info coming from?

Since the "forecast" has been consistently "low" for at least the last month, it would seem to indicate that the source is not predicting for my actual location.

8. dalchina New Member

If the report specifies your location by name correctly, but the data is incorrect, it would be worth checking with someone else you know who uses '10 if they experience the same thing. If you both do, that suggests some sort of database error.

Are you using Wifi or ethernet? This does make a difference as regards the accuracy of your location, but would only matter if your ISP were very remote. And in that case I'd guess the name of the location would also be different.

Try asking Cortana 'What's the weather like in (name of your town/city etc)' and compare.

Then try e.g. Google
    weather (your location)

dalchina, Sep 11, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Is it detected correctly? 'My' location is often detected as that of my ISP which can be hundreds of miles away - and can change each time I reboot my router (they have several data centres, which one I get connected through is an apparently random choice).

I manually set my default location and Weather uses that - usually it gives an accurate forecast.

10. FYI - I would recommend you use any of the other weather apps where you can name your city.

storageman, Sep 11, 2017
  11. You would think that when you choose "always detect my location", it would do just that. When I first set my weather location "favorite", I can't remember if I used my city or zip code. I just added a new "favorite" using my address, and even tho the app now shows 2 favorites with the same city name, there is 2 degrees difference in the temp.

The current weather report has never been the issue. I believe that the current reported temperature is fairly correct...Cortana is identical, google 1 degree off and accuweather 2 degrees off. that's typical off weather apps, some being more accurate than others, but It's puzzling how the "forecast" is so inadequate when it's set to detect my location, even if it is a more general location than when manually putting in the exact location. In that case I could accept a couple degrees off, but not what I have been experiencing.

That's the advice I came here for. Recomendations to other apps.

12. Windows Weather app does not really uses your real location, but something that is closest to it.
    Mine is about 3C degrees off. I prefer to check weather online anyway, I do not need to know it 24/7.

TairikuOkami, Sep 11, 2017
  13. Windows 10 default Weather inaccurate

meteoblue. nice..

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 12, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    Is the weather in your region particularly variable within a comparatively short geographical distance?

dalchina, Sep 12, 2017
  15. I would say somewhat, probably like anywhere else, give or take a few degrees within, say, a five-ten mile radius. Then the source has to be taken into consideration. It's one thing altogether to compare the results from one source, and then to compare the results from various sources, when I've seen huge discrepancies. Last time I tried this was testing out phone apps, and some of them were outright useless.

But like I said, it's really about the predictions, from the default windows app, Definitely something wrong there for some time now.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 default Weather inaccurate - Similar Threads - default Weather inaccurate

2. Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed: Hello,I am using a 1GBPS up/down connection, and i am currently downloading something and it downloads at 10-30mb/s and i understand thats probably the limit from the source. However i do not understand why the taskmanager says i am downloading 100mbps in the performance tap...
  3. Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed: Hello,I am using a 1GBPS up/down connection, and i am currently downloading something and it downloads at 10-30mb/s and i understand thats probably the limit from the source. However i do not understand why the taskmanager says i am downloading 100mbps in the performance tap...
  4. Windows 10 data usage inaccurate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 data usage inaccurate: My windows data usage is obviously inaccurate as I've downloaded a 90 gb game on origin and it says it only downloaded 3 gb from origin submitted by /u/Amrqo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldy4fw/windows_10_data_usage_inaccurate/
  5. MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city

MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city: Windows Community Recently my MSN App has changed its default city location will in the Start Menu Lemay, MO [ATTACH] However when I open execute the app it defaults to the correct city - St Louis, MO. For the life of me I can't get the app to return to St Louis in the...
  6. Task Manager inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager inaccurate?: Hi I'm currently troubleshooting a Win10 laptop with an extremely slow startup and using Task Manger to see what's using the resources. Now according to Task Manager/Processes the disk is running at 99% but in the list there's less than 3Mb in use! So how is it giving me...
  7. Default weather on Bing is wrong

in Browsers and Email
    Default weather on Bing is wrong: I live in Palm Coast Fl and have its weather as a interest on my Bing Homepage but the homepage also show Ocala Fl apparently as my default location for some reason which is wrong. How do I get rid of the the Ocala weather on my homepage, its not listed as an interest....
  8. The weather app is completely inaccurate

The weather app is completely inaccurate: I am running the default weather application in Win10 and it's completely off target. Says Sunday the 20th is partly sunny yet forecast.io says rain all day, and looking at radar, it seems like rain for the next day. And I just refreshed it so I know it's not stale. What's up...
  9. The weather app is completely inaccurate

in Windows 10 Support
    The weather app is completely inaccurate: I am running the default weather application in Win10 and it's completely off target. Says Sunday the 20th is partly sunny yet forecast.io says rain all day, and looking at radar, it seems like rain for the next day. And I just refreshed it so I know it's not stale. What's up...
  10. Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar: Yesterday my Sound Icon was appearing with a red "X" Icon. So I wondered. I have sound, but I ran the troubleshooter and it said my sound was disabled because of failure to install the Endpoint. Well, I checked logs in event viewer. And no failure to install was present. So...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 weather inaccurate

2. default weather on windows 10 inaccurate