Windows 10: Windows 10 defaulting to Pacific Time and all apps/games syncing with it

Discus and support Windows 10 defaulting to Pacific Time and all apps/games syncing with it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all, I just recently reinstalled windows 10, and the usual problem has popped up that every time I open the date and time settings, it defaults to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James, Nov 17, 2020.

1. James Win User

Windows 10 defaulting to Pacific Time and all apps/games syncing with it

Hey all,

I just recently reinstalled windows 10, and the usual problem has popped up that every time I open the date and time settings, it defaults to the Pacific Time Zone. I am in the Eastern Time Zone. Now this was not a problem on my last install, as when I set the time zone to Eastern, only Discord's time was still synced with pacific. Now on this install, everything is set back to Pacific. Rocket League is 3 hours behind, Discord is 3 hours behind, and I cannot permanently change the time zone to Eastern. I've looked through and tried all the suggested "fixes", and nothing has worked. If anyone knows how to actually fix this, please let me know.

Thanks!

:)

James, Nov 17, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Windows 10 defaulting to Pacific Time and all apps/games syncing with it :(

puma99dk|, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?

The timezone will be set to whatever is appropriate for the Region you choose during setup.

Windows 10 defaulting to Pacific Time and all apps/games syncing with it [​IMG]

That's Step 17 in the tutorial.

Clean Install Windows 10 | Tutorials

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 defaulting to Pacific Time and all apps/games syncing with it - Similar Threads - defaulting Pacific apps

2. My games aren’t loading and stay on syncing data. All the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games aren’t loading and stay on syncing data. All the time: I downloaded new games on Xbox store and I can’t seem to play them because it stays on syncing data like Stranded Deep, and snow runner which I can’t play because of the syncing data thing...
  3. My games aren’t loading and stay on syncing data. All the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games aren’t loading and stay on syncing data. All the time: I downloaded new games on Xbox store and I can’t seem to play them because it stays on syncing data like Stranded Deep, and snow runner which I can’t play because of the syncing data thing...
  4. time keeps changing to pacific time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    time keeps changing to pacific time.: I live in australia and my clock keeps changing to Pacific time, US and Canada. It doesn't let me change it even if I try. syncing does nothing. Please help!...
  5. PC Stuck on Pacific Time

PC Stuck on Pacific Time: My Windows 10 PC is stuck on Pacific Time UTC -08:00, however, I am in Southeast Asia UTC +07:00. When "Set Timezone Automatically" is turned on it goes to Pacific Time. When I try to change my timezone manually in the settings menu, it will say I am on Southeast Asia Time,...
  6. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Time zone resets to Pacific automatically: I am unable to change my time zone via the Windows Settings tool. Every time I select the dropdown window for changing the time zone, it opens and allows me to select my new time zone, but does not update or change anything. I am able to manually modify my time but not my...
  7. Timezone on Windows keeps resetting to Pacific time.

Timezone on Windows keeps resetting to Pacific time.: When I first built this computer, I realized the time wasn't set correctly so I went into settings to fix it. I saw that the timezone was set to pacific time although I'm in central time. I tried changing the timezone, but nothing changed. I tried some other things in...
  8. Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time

Windows 10 resetting to Pacific Time: I have a Windows 10 PC. Every time I reboot it, it automatically resets to Pacific Time. I am Central Time. Even when I manually change the time zone to Central, and close out the settings window, it automatically changes. EVen when I manually change the time zone, then reset...
  9. MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MCT clean install defaults to Pacific time zone w/o option?: Is there any way to get Win10 installer to prompt for time zone when using a USB drive installer made by the Media Creation Tool? Every time I clean install, the time seems to get set from my CPU clock, but the time zone is always set to Pacific time - Is this because I...
  10. Glory of Generals: Pacific War game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glory of Generals: Pacific War game: Please explain to me why this game has gone back to as if I have never played a game on it. I have lost all my history and I have paid you money, which I now want refunded. This is the second time this has happened and it's not acceptable. I want this problem rectified asap...