Windows 10: Windows 10 defaults to US keyboard!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 defaults to US keyboard!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No matter how many times I CHANGE my region/language/keyboard to UK, Windows refuses to amend!! The @ and " symbols are reversed! I have followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ateaze, Sep 21, 2018.

1. ateaze Win User

Windows 10 defaults to US keyboard!!!

No matter how many times I CHANGE my region/language/keyboard to UK, Windows refuses to amend!! The @ and " symbols are reversed!

I have followed suggestions (as per italics) from other threads with the same issue to no avail!! Suffice to say it's friggin frustrating!!!!!!

"Save your work and close any open programs

Go to Control Panel/Language

Click "Advanced Settings" on the left hand side

Under "Override for Windows display language", Where it says "Use language list", select English (United Kingdom)

Same for "Override for default input method"

Follow the prompt to log off

Should be fixed..."

My laptop is BRAND NEW (only purchased 18/09/2018) with all drives updated. It's a LENOVO v110 Home Student Notebook, Intel Celeron N3350.

:)

ateaze, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 defaults to US keyboard!!!

How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 defaults to US keyboard!!!

1. Windows 10 defaults to US keyboard!!! - Similar Threads - defaults keyboard

2. change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [: So I have tried using Powertoys, can't get it to properly swap [ & {. Have tried remapping, but no matter the settings it just won't work. I can change one or the other, but not both together. I want to swap the keyboard behaviour for these 2.How can I change the default...
  3. change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change default keyboard behaviour; swap shift+[ & [: So I have tried using Powertoys, can't get it to properly swap [ & {. Have tried remapping, but no matter the settings it just won't work. I can change one or the other, but not both together. I want to swap the keyboard behaviour for these 2.How can I change the default...
  4. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  5. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  6. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  8. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  9. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  10. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keyboard defaults to US

2. windows 10 defaults to us keyboard

3. keyboard defaults to us setting in windows 10

4. windows 10 enterprise keyboard defaults to english,
  5. loging on win10 defualts to us keyboard how can i change this,
  6. keyboard defaulting to us,
  7. hOW CAN i CHANGE THE SETTING OF MY KEYBOARD FROM aMERICAN TO English settings