Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Wnidows 10 with a FileZilla Server. I cannot connect to the server when inbound rules are set to default (no rule, no access). If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikenyc, Jun 15, 2018.

1. mikenyc Win User

Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server

Hi, I am running Wnidows 10 with a FileZilla Server. I cannot connect to the server when inbound rules are set to default (no rule, no access). If I set inbound rules to "allow", i can connect to the FileZilla Server.

Inbound rules
    Name Profile Enabled Action Override Program
    FileZilla Server Interface.exe All Yes Allow No FileZilla Server Interface.exe
    FTP Server (FTP Traffic-in) Private,Public Yes Allow No svchost.exe
    FTP Server Passive (Traffic-in) Private,Public Yes Allow No svchost.exe
    FTP Server Secure (SSL Traffic-in) Private,Public Yes Allow No svchost.exe

What could I be missing?

Thanks
    Mike

:)

mikenyc, Jun 15, 2018
  2. Flak Win User

Setting up Filezilla FTP

Verify his avg isn't blocking it, he doesn't need to configure anything in his router if he's just connecting to you and downloading.

FTPS is actually very simple with filezilla, not at home to walk you through it. But if you got this far I'm sure just playing with it you'll figure it out. Hardest part is setting up the generic certificate with filezilla, which is even very easy.

The 425 can't open data connection is the error I get with my current ISP if I try to run a ftp server through the normal ports (20/21). I tried other ports, I can always connect but can never send a list. So I setup filezilla for ftps and it works great as usual.

3. Setting up Filezilla FTP

Yeah, I port forwarded my router for those ranges, and in Filezilla server settings I set the range from 50000-51000 also using a dedicated IP, as my ISP gives me a dedicated. It sucks, I mean, I called him and said ok logon. My avg popped up saying "hey, somethings going on" , so i permanently allowed it. He connected, I saw him in the status box, then I saw him go passive. His client called a LIST, then he got nothing, a time out. How do I go FTPS?

Cybrnook2002, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Flak Win User

Setting up Filezilla FTP

the 50000-51000 you are using for pasv? Did you specify that range in filezilla server as well? After that I'm out of ideas, does your isp block ftp ports/traffic? If so try setting up filezilla for ftps, default port for that is 990.

My current ISP (charter) says they don't block any ports (if that's true they definitely monitor traffic) so I was having your same problem until I setup filezilla for ftps.
    The only other time I've seen that with regular ftp is when port 20 isn't specified and pasv range isn't specified.

Other then that I'm out of ideas now.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server - Similar Threads - Defender blocking FTP

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Defender Blocking FTP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Blocking FTP: I've added FTP and FTP Server via "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall". I'm able to get to the ftp site with the local computer, but am unable to reach it with another computer on the same private network. However; if I turn off the firewall for the...
  6. Windows Defender Blocking FTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Blocking FTP: I've added FTP and FTP Server via "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall". I'm able to get to the ftp site with the local computer, but am unable to reach it with another computer on the same private network. However; if I turn off the firewall for the...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall + Windows FTP Server

Windows Defender Firewall + Windows FTP Server: Why is windows defender firewall disobeying my firewall rules? Enabled Windows FTP Servers via Windows 10 Features. Rules are in the firewall allowing FTP access for both passive & control rules were injected through enabling the service. FTP packets are dropped by the...
  8. Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads: Windows Defender is continually blocking me from downloading Filezilla 3.41.2 We have quite a few users who require Filezilla installed, so this is going to cause an issue. This is a new issue for us as Defender has always allowed Filezilla to be downloaded and installed...
  9. Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla: Filezilla security issue Quote #1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28 I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love it...it works great. Except, right now. on one of our computers, I am unable to securely download files. I have been...
  10. Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server

Unable to connect to Windows FTP Server: Hi all. I'm hoping somebody can point in the right direction, or walk me through steps to troubleshoot this issue. I set up an FTP server on a windows 10 desktop using the built-in Windows FTP service capabilities. Everything was working fine. Today I attempted to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender blocking filezilla

2. windows blocking ftp

3. bitdefender blocking file explorer to ftp folder

4. windows defender ftp,
  5. antivirus blocking ftp port 20,
  6. win 10 filezilla ftp server block,
  7. eset blocks filezilla instalation,
  8. what is blocking filezilla,
  9. filezilla not allowing connections in windows 10,
  10. windows 10 phone not allowing ftp,
  11. is defender blocking ftp,