Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I manually update the definitions the dates and times mentioned are way off the mark. I am in Australia on the eastern seaboard and my time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JANUARY-1951, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.

Every time I manually update the definitions the dates and times mentioned are way off the mark.

I am in Australia on the eastern seaboard and my time and date are correctly displayed in the bottom right.

At 7:37pm 1/2/2020 I manually updated the definitions.

Result displayed....

Threat definition version: 1.309.140.0

Version created on: 1/2/2020 3:41pm

Last update 2/2/2020 6:27pm this is the crazy time part .

Also the Task Scheduler as regards scheduling a scan doesn't work.

The only scan recorded as being performed was my last 'manual' scan.

:)

JANUARY-1951, Feb 1, 2020

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 1, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.

1. Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place. - Similar Threads - Defender dates are

2. My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.: Somehow my screen sizes and fonts have gotten all messed up. Some screens the font is almost too small to see. On others it is blown up so large that one word fills the screen. I have tried all the combinations of font size, screen magnification and nothing seems to bring it...
  3. My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.: Somehow my screen sizes and fonts have gotten all messed up. Some screens the font is almost too small to see. On others it is blown up so large that one word fills the screen. I have tried all the combinations of font size, screen magnification and nothing seems to bring it...
  4. File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!: Files do not "save" as to designated file path. Files end up all over, completely hard to find anything. Files seem to move from location I want them put in despite checking the file path before "saving" to destination. It's awful, losing items between One Drive and Personal...
  5. Download speed all over the place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed all over the place: I have a windows 10 pc and downloading even the smallest things is a pain. One second I’ll be getting 1.2 mb/s and the next I’m getting 120 kb/s then it’ll shoot back up to 1.4 mb/s and the cycle continues. And the most surprising thing is that my ping and downloads speeds...
  6. Windows are all over the place after i lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows are all over the place after i lock screen: Whenever I lock machine and log back into windows all my open windows are all over the place, chrome is resized. please help win 10 pro 1909 submitted by /u/darkbarf [link] [comments]...
  7. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  8. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  9. Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speeds All Over the Place D:: Basically, when I do a speed test on Ookla, I'm getting 50-55MBps Download speed and 3MBps upload speed. However, when I'm actually downloading things, it ranges from 1MBps - 6MBps. Please help! 47296
  10. windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place: Hi, I have downloaded windows 10. I am having an aweful problem with my pointer - it self selects anything and everything. If left on a page it increases or decreases the viewing percentage. I looked in settings but couldn't see anything there to stop this. I don't know...