Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender Disable

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender Disable in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've seen and read some threads here about how the system restore will not revert to a previous state. I do have the Macrium Reflect (Licensed version)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Butch73, May 17, 2019.

1. Butch73 Win User

Windows 10 Defender Disable

I've seen and read some threads here about how the system restore will not revert to a previous state.
    I do have the Macrium Reflect (Licensed version) and it works well and it does a dandy job of restoring
    from a complete backup...Having said that, I would like to of been able to use the M$ restore point
    program but after trying to revert to a previous restore point, and watching the displayed verbage on my
    monitor that windows is doing this that and the other then rebooting, I will always see the message on my
    screen:

Windows 10 Defender Disable restore.jpg

I can CREATE a restore point however, it won't revert to a previous restore point and for reasons that the message states: try disabling antivirus program. So.... how would I do that i.e., disable defender if that is the
    roadblock to system restore? I hate to have to dig out my external hard derive and go thru all the minutiae
    when a few clicks on the window 10 restore point program would of rendered results a lot sooner. I use to run WIn 7 with Avast and most times disable it and I could restore to an earlier time successfully, Not so
    with this Win 10 version. I have seen a program called rollback rx,
    RollBack Rx Professional | Horizon DataSys Corporation
    I tried the demo and it will allow only a few restore points the full version unlimited points, upon bootup.
    it loads itself in the things to load menu first then then other stuff will load.
    I wonder how can a second party create something that works that Microsoft should of done all along?

:)

Butch73, May 17, 2019

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 17, 2019
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, May 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Defender Disable

Bug: Windows 10 freezes when Windows Defender is disabled

Hi Andre,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with disabling Windows Defender, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error notification with this issue?
    • Have you installed any third-party security software on your device?

Step 1: I suggest you to disable the third-party security software on your device if installed any and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender Disable

1. Windows 10 Defender Disable - Similar Threads - Defender Disable

2. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  3. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  4. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...: hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum org and disabled windows defender but cant get it back on so anyone can help me?...
  6. hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...

hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...: hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum org and disabled windows defender but cant get it back on so anyone can help me?...
  7. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  8. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  9. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...
  10. Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...

Windows 11 - Unable to disable Windows Defender "Page not available, your IT administrator...: So, apparently out of nowhere, Windows decided not to allow me to change my defender anti virus settings.When I got a popup saying that a dangerous file was found, as usual I knew the file was safe, I clicked the pop up so I could override the file deletion, to my surprise I...