Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This notice keeps popping up in Notifications every minute. It says to click on details and I do that but nothing is displayed on the page. This has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KevinCrutchfield, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details

This notice keeps popping up in Notifications every minute. It says to click on details and I do that but nothing is displayed on the page. This has been happening since we applied the updates the other day. Just to make sure we didn't have a real virus, I downloaded the Microsoft Scan Tool and ran it Full Scan.

:)

KevinCrutchfield, Sep 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Phusius Win User
    Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

I am on Windows 8, and control panel security says Windows Defender is my anti virus and firewall.

Phusius, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details

1. Windows 10 Defender every minute says a virus found but nothing in details - Similar Threads - Defender every minute

2. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    negative number on viruses found with windows defender: recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message negative number...
  3. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    negative number on viruses found with windows defender: recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message negative number...
  4. negative number on viruses found with windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender keeps saying I have a Trojan virus, but does nothing about it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender keeps saying I have a Trojan virus, but does nothing about it.: Windows Defender keeps saying I have a Trojan virus, but does nothing about it. Could it be that the virus has even affected the windows defender and does not let it take the appropriate actions?...
  6. Windows Defender keeps saying I have a Trojan virus, but does nothing about it.

Windows Defender keeps saying I have a Trojan virus, but does nothing about it.: Windows Defender keeps saying I have a Trojan virus, but does nothing about it. Could it be that the virus has even affected the windows defender and does not let it take the appropriate actions?...
  7. Windows Defender keeps saying I have a Trojan virus, but does nothing about it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats: The attached picture is usually what I'll find every time I restart/shut down and turn on my Windows 10 PC. It will say it found threats, ranging from Low to Severe, and I keep removing them or 'cleaning them' but they come in 3's every time. I've done deep cleans and scans...
  9. Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus

Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus: I have scanned and run troubleshooter etc. The report says NO THREATs but a pop-up with notification sound keeps going off. I click and it shows details: items quarantined. I click "remove" … they are removed. Seconds later the whole thing happens again. Same warning,...
  10. Windows Defender Security Service Stops Every 10 Minutes

Windows Defender Security Service Stops Every 10 Minutes: When it shows as stopped it means I cannot scan until I restart it. I can restart it through Task manager or Services but that's not the way it's supposed to work? Any ideas. I am 99% certain it's not a virus. And I do not have another another antivirus installed. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 defender says .exe is virus

2. threats found notification every minute