Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The firewall rule configuration settings have become very complex and now go beyond the typical port / protocol / scope settings. They can include... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StanKasper, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule

The firewall rule configuration settings have become very complex and now go beyond the typical port / protocol / scope settings. They can include APPX packages and services. I now want to take a specific complex firewall rule and be able to apply it elsewhere. GUI is useless. NETSH ADVFIREWALL may be the answer. How does one export / import an individual firewall rule?

Thank you,

Stan

:)

StanKasper, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Edgar Win User

How can I copy some Windows Defender Firewall rules to another PC?

I setup a couple of Outbound Rules in Windows 10 Defender Firewall on one PC.
    I like to copy these rules to another PC.
    The rules block a couple of programs from accessing the internet. These programs are installed in the same directories on both PCs and it should be a 1:1 copy.

How can I copy or export/import those firewall rules?

What I tried already:

There is a function "Export List" which exports the rules to a text file. But I did not see any corresponding Import list function.

There are also functions on the root level in the menu Action to export and import policies. But it seems that exports and imports everything and this is not what I want.

Edgar, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Import a single firewall rule

Is there anyway to import a single firewall rule?

I know how to export a single (or multiple) firewall rule(s) to a csv file, but how do I import the rule(s) to another system or to the same system at a later date?

All I've been able to find is how to import firewall policy.

Ztruker, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule

Windows Firewall Reset

Hello Aprack,

Exporting your current Firewall Rules can be done through Windows Firewall with Advanced Security with administrator rights. Follow the steps below on how to export and import your Firewall Rules.

• Select the Start button.
    • Type Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and then press
      Enter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Click Action and then click Export
      Policy
    • Select the location where you want to save the Policy file (.wfw).
    • Name the file and then click Save to finish.
    For importing the Firewall Rules, follow these steps:

• Select the Start button.
    • Type Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and then press
      Enter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Click Action and then click Import Policy.
    • Select Yes to continue.
    • Locate the Policy file (.wfw).
    • Click Open to complete.

Should you need further help with other concerns in the future, you're always welcome to post back.

Devlin Sco, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule

1. Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall Export

2. When are Windows Defender Firewall Rules In Effect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When are Windows Defender Firewall Rules In Effect: I am logged into the same domain as a SQL Server instance I am trying to connect to using SSMS, there are firewall rules in place inbound on the Windows 10 client to accept 1433/1433 TCP, and the Domain Firewall is off.I just tested this, and it appears the rules are active...
  3. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  4. Adding a new rule using Windows Defender Firewall

Adding a new rule using Windows Defender Firewall: Hi all. I have an HP All-In-One Desktop running Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.720. I regularly run Windows update and the last update I received, March 12, 2020 is KB4551762 OS Builds 18362.720 and 18363.720. I manage my music through an older Logitech Squeezebox...
  5. Import a single firewall rule

Import a single firewall rule: Is there anyway to import a single firewall rule? I know how to export a single (or multiple) firewall rule(s) to a csv file, but how do I import the rule(s) to another system or to the same system at a later date? All I've been able to find is how to import firewall...
  6. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  7. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  8. Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 How to Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and...
  9. How to export rules from Win Firewall?

How to export rules from Win Firewall?: How can one export one's own rules from Win Firewall? And how can one import them (e.g. to a new computer or to the same one if a re-install of Win is necessary)? [img] 72484
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export ips blocked by firewall rule windows

2. windows defender firewall rules export select rules