Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender is "Detecting Virus" & Deleting all Downloads (exe/jpg/png/zipfiles,...

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender is "Detecting Virus" & Deleting all Downloads (exe/jpg/png/zipfiles,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sometime between yesterday & today, my Windows 10 Defender suddenly has decided to (detect viruses & delete" ALL of my downloads! It looks like some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeepgirlsauni, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Defender is "Detecting Virus" & Deleting all Downloads (exe/jpg/png/zipfiles,...

Sometime between yesterday & today, my Windows 10 Defender suddenly has decided to (detect viruses & delete" ALL of my downloads! It looks like some kind of Defender Definition updated overnight but I can't find it in my list of updates that can be uninstalled.

I can no longer download ANY files through my Gmail Account (jpgs/pdfs/pngs/zip files). I uninstalled Google Chrome thinking that was the issue & tried to reinstall it but now it even deletes the exe file before I can install it!

I have looked everywhere for a solution. Turning off Real-Time Defender doesn't work. I also changed the scan security thing from 3 to 1 & it did nothing.

I NEED to be able to download programs & files on a daily basis for my work & whatever happened in the past 24 hours has rendered my system completely useless! PLEASE help or fix this bug asap! Thank you!

:)

Jeepgirlsauni, Dec 18, 2018
  2. AFWS Win User

Windows Defender detects an .exe as Win32/Bitrep.A Trojan?

OK, I had this software(earlier version) on another computer and never had it detected as a Trojan. I tried installing the latest version of this software on my new computer and it got detected as "Win32/Bitrep.A" Trojan after about a week of being installed
    and Windows Defender deleted it. I tried re-downloading and then scanned the installation exe with Windows Defender and it detected it as the same Trojan. I then tried re-downloading again and Windows Defender deleted it as soon as it finished downloading.
    The earlier version installation exe wasn't detected as a Trojan. I also tried a update exe to the software that wasn't the same version and nothing was detected. It seems to be with this certain version of the software or the update to this version. The developer
    recommended installing the free version of Avast. Once installed, I scanned the installation exe with Avast and nothing was detected. Is there a Trojan with the software? According to Windows Defender there is. According to Avast there isn't.

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

3. Why is windows defender not detecting virus ?

I have noticed that samclean dot exe is residing on my laptop. The laptop is running the latest version of windows 10 with security updates till today. but my windows defender is not detecting samclean dot exe. I have also scanned using the microsoft safety
    scanner - 1.0.3001.0 version. but it too failed to detect the samclean dot exe virus/trojan.

regards

Sabir Hundekar

sabirafrin, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Defender is "Detecting Virus" & Deleting all Downloads (exe/jpg/png/zipfiles,...

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender is "Detecting Virus" & Deleting all Downloads (exe/jpg/png/zipfiles,...

1. Windows 10 Defender is "Detecting Virus" & Deleting all Downloads (exe/jpg/png/zipfiles,... - Similar Threads - Defender Detecting Virus

2. JPG and PNG images not opening on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JPG and PNG images not opening on windows 10: Certain pictures using the JPG and PNG stopped working. Their thumbnails stopped functioning through restarts and fiddling with settings. Is there any fix to this that still uses the default Photos app?...
  3. Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats: Hello I have This Proble last 2 days ago I Got Infected With Win32.Ramnit.C,A,J,N all Type of This C*AP When I Scanned With Quick SCan Mode It Does'not Detected Files only Detected Two or Three File But When I Launched Full SCan Mode It Detected Every Htm,Html,some games...
  4. Virus Detected by Windows Defender

Virus Detected by Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same virus detected by my windows defender was detected 50 minutes ago. I don't own any of the apps you have installed that might have caused it but that happened to me. I own a Surface Pro 6, i don't know what to do so please help me....
  5. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  6. File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  7. All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted. The files include a .pdf file from irs.gov, a .csv file from a national pharmacy, a .pdf file from an insurance company, etc. The problem occurs whether I'm using Microsoft Edge or Chrome. I...
  8. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  9. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"
  10. rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast

in Windows 10 Support
    rundll32.exe detected as virus by Avast: Hi, I have a big issue i have all the time a popup coming from Avast saying it has detected a virus in rundll32.exe It comes when i open explorer or when set volume. Now the worst is that i cant even setup the playback devices for my Audio, when i try to go to sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows delete download virus detected

2. windows dont delete download when virus detected

3. all downloads detected as virus solution

4. all downloads detected as virus windows 10,
  5. windows deleted file detected virus,
  6. window 10 cannot download progrms virus detected and deleted,
  7. windows 10 auto deleting downloads virus detected,
  8. edge detecting every file as virus,
  9. file deleted virus detected on Windows 10,
  10. windows 10 edge deleting all downloads virus,
  11. all downloads are detected as a virus and deleted,