Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use PuTTY to access via SSH my website. I have added PuTTY.exe to the firewall allowed apps and asked for notification of firewall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanCam, Jul 16, 2019.

1. AlanCam Win User

Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications

I am trying to use PuTTY to access via SSH my website. I have added PuTTY.exe to the firewall allowed apps and asked for notification of firewall blocks to be given. When I try to access the website using an authorized PPK key. I get an error>

PuTTY Fatal error

Network error: Network error: Software caused a connection abort.

But there is no notification from the firewall should there not be something that would help identify the error more precisely?

:)

AlanCam, Jul 16, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 16, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications

windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications

1. Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications - Similar Threads - Defender providing notifications

2. Windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender notification: Can anybody tell me how to fix windows defender notification problem because it's recent scan notification do not pop up but when I turn it off that notification come. I already reset my system many times and after reset notification perfectly work but after sometime it do...
  3. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  4. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  5. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  6. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  7. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Defender notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender notification: I am having trouble with a third party antivirus app. Windows Defender is stepping in to be the antivirus solution. Is there anyway to be notified when Windows Defender becomes the antivirus solution? Running Windows 10 Pro version 1909....
  9. Windows Defender Notification

Windows Defender Notification: Why does windows defender say "threat has been removed or restored" instead of just being specific? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-notification/92cc513e-c1e8-473c-9a90-df8f4d19647f
  10. Windows Defender notification

Windows Defender notification: Where is notification history? The notice that said a virus was found disappeared when I clicked on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-notification/9a66370a-e2c7-4eb9-8ad5-bc80153ba2c6"