Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender options...

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender options... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, Recently had to do a clean install; had a local repair shop fix some hardware items and install windows. Now every time I try to boot up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adabar, May 17, 2020.

1. /u/Adabar Win User

Windows 10 Defender options...

Hello all,

Recently had to do a clean install; had a local repair shop fix some hardware items and install windows. Now every time I try to boot up a game (multiple times a day) my computer freezes.. Upon checking task manager it's always "antimalware service executable".

So anyways, (unless someone has a fantastic other diagnostic solution), I'm trying to get rid of defender and its services. I've been going through "the google" and following instructions for changing group policies and etc.

A couple of things I've ran into that I can't get around:

• Deleting Defender's native folder: I can't get permission back from trustedinstaller.. When I get in advanced settings and click "change", no dialogue box appears even though all of the guides seem to be showing one appearing.
    • I cannot disable the actual service nor stop the task/app from running

I can't stand windows trying to lag down my computer with its own software running like a virus. I'm fine with all of the risks associated with disabling / deleting these things.. I'm a pretty cautious browser and haven't made a mistake so to speak in years. I want every piece of this application gone, if at all possible.

Does anyone have any solutions for me? TIA

submitted by /u/Adabar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Adabar, May 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Defender options...

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender options...

1. Windows 10 Defender options... - Similar Threads - Defender options

2. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  3. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  4. I am unable to turn on any option in windows defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to turn on any option in windows defender.: The windows defender options are blurred.real-time protection, cloud delivered protection, automatic sample submission ,tamper protection. it says that these settings are managed by your admin.please help....
  5. I am unable to turn on any option in windows defender.

I am unable to turn on any option in windows defender.: The windows defender options are blurred.real-time protection, cloud delivered protection, automatic sample submission ,tamper protection. it says that these settings are managed by your admin.please help....
  6. I am unable to turn on any option in windows defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Defender Firewall Notification about blocked App does not provide "Allow Access" option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall Notification about blocked App does not provide "Allow Access" option: When using an App first time, the User is getting the Windows Defender Firewall Notification:Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app - Your Network administrator can unblock this app for youName of Application etcNetwork Location: Public, PrivateThere...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall Notification about blocked App does not provide "Allow Access" option

Windows Defender Firewall Notification about blocked App does not provide "Allow Access" option: When using an App first time, the User is getting the Windows Defender Firewall Notification:Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app - Your Network administrator can unblock this app for youName of Application etcNetwork Location: Public, PrivateThere...
  9. How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...: How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just turn defender on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-after-removing/de071ad4-d623-40f8-a998-c1490ec1507f
  10. How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...

How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...: How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just turn defender on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-after-removing/de071ad4-d623-40f8-a998-c1490ec1507f