Windows 10: Windows 10 defender update

Discus and support Windows 10 defender update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since my laptop updated. I can no longer download bank statements as I get '' Failed - Virus scan failed '' How do I get round this with Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HowardGalley, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 defender update

Since my laptop updated. I can no longer download bank statements as I get '' Failed - Virus scan failed ''

How do I get round this with Defender Virus checker?

Windows 10 with no other virus checker on

:)

HowardGalley, Jul 9, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 defender update

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 defender update

1. Windows 10 defender update - Similar Threads - defender update

2. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  3. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  5. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  6. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  8. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...