Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender updates failed

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender updates failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, when trying to update Defender threat definitions I get the following error codes 2147012721, 2147012866 and 2147012894. I have tried manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayBee66, Feb 1, 2019.

1. JayBee66 Win User

Windows 10 Defender updates failed

Hi,

when trying to update Defender threat definitions I get the following error codes 2147012721, 2147012866 and 2147012894.

I have tried manually downloading the definitions using mpam-fe which does not seem to work also the Windows update troubleshooter which says the following:

Issue found

Potential Windows update databse error detected Detected

Repair Windows update database corruption Not run

Windows update components must be repaired Fixed

Repair windows update components Completed

None of these actions has helped and I am asking for suggestions on how to proceed.

JayBee

:)

JayBee66, Feb 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 1, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 1, 2019
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Defender updates failed - Similar Threads - Defender updates failed

2. Windows Defender on Servers Updates failing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender on Servers Updates failing: Hi,We have installed SentinelOne EDR on a clients Windows Servers. For some reason our HIDS agent is reporting Event ID 2001 Windows Defender Update errors on those assets?To my knowledge SentinelOne being installed should automatically disable Windows Defender which should...
  3. windows defender failed to update

windows defender failed to update: i got a notification that my window defenders needed to update because the virus and spyware definitions out of date. i was trying to update but the status didn't change, also my network connection is good not in the poor connection. also, i didn't get any warn after i tried...
  4. Windows Defender Update Failed

Windows Defender Update Failed: when running update it comes up with update failed. is there a solution for this? I am on a laptop with windows 10 [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-update-failed/754dd30d-7bbb-4e85-bf70-136d28e03f64
  5. Windows Defender update failed, sort of?

Windows Defender update failed, sort of?: Copied from my Reddit post. My internet has been slow today, and my Defender definitions update took longer than usual like 5-10 minutes. When it finished downloading in the update center, it said the update failed and I could restart my PC to try again. I did, and my...
  6. Windows Defender Update failed

Windows Defender Update failed: Over the last couple of weeks, I've been getting this error message "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (version 1.305.1053.0 Error 0x80070643)". I use AVG...
  7. Windows Defender Updates Are Failing

Windows Defender Updates Are Failing: On my Windows 7, Windows XP emulation mode, Windows Defender updates have been failing from KB915597 Definition 1.293.6.0 through Definition 1.293.1438.0. The last successful update was Definition 1.291.2208.0. MLB...
  8. Update Fails Windows and Defender

Update Fails Windows and Defender: Since yesterday i keep getting this error. Any ideas how to fix this? [img] 14986
  9. windows update fail windows defender update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update fail windows defender update: • Definisjonsoppdatering for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definisjon 1.225.3467.0) – Feil 0x80070643 makes everything else updating stuck... *Smile edit: norwegian: definisjon = definition, feil = error\fail windows store does not work, photos\pictures app doesnt...
  10. Windows defender update fails.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows defender update fails.: I got error like this. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: . Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition...