Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender won't delete a virus

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender won't delete a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, recently I got a virus in my PC, my Windows Defender detected it but it won't delete it. Here's a link if you want to see what's happening.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SCAndrey, Aug 4, 2019.

1. SCAndrey Win User

Windows 10 Defender won't delete a virus

Hello, recently I got a virus in my PC, my Windows Defender detected it but it won't delete it.

Here's a link if you want to see what's happening.

https://youtu.be/0XJ6ypmDJWs

It is loading forever

:)

SCAndrey, Aug 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender won't delete a virus

Window 10 or Defender do not automatically delete virus created junk folders + files??

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

I understand you need to delete virus created junk folder (Quarantined items).

Quarantined items are those items that were prevented from running but were not removed from your PC. I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click on History tab in Windows Defender Window.
    • Click on the Quarantined items radio button and click on history.
    • Check and select all the items that appear as junk.
    • Click on Remove button to delete them permanently.
    • Check and verify if all the junk folders and files are remove.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender won't delete a virus

1. Windows 10 Defender won't delete a virus - Similar Threads - Defender won't delete

2. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  3. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  4. Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.: PUABundler:Win32/ICBundler blocked by microsoft defender, but not deleted. Is my computer safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-but-did-not-delete-virus/81d4e40d-77d9-4d15-b8e3-29fbd800b8be
  5. Some virus deleted Windows Defender

Some virus deleted Windows Defender: Some virus deleted Windows Defender and i cant update my PC it says 0x80070424. And i go to services and it deleted system or what it is Windows Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/some-virus-deleted-windows-defender/41dc4436-73a9-4548-8eb3-7635e914a038
  6. Windows Defender won't update virus definition

Windows Defender won't update virus definition: I received a Windows security alert saying that virus and threat protection definition is out of date. Clicking on the "update" button just turns endlessly. Tried a couple of different ways to manually update https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates; running the...
  7. Disabling windows 10 Virus Defender

Disabling windows 10 Virus Defender: Good afternoon folks. Please how do l disable Windows 10 antivirus defender because is not allowing me to install third party app on my laptop. Thank you in advance.....
  8. Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats

Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats: Hello I have This Proble last 2 days ago I Got Infected With Win32.Ramnit.C,A,J,N all Type of This C*AP When I Scanned With Quick SCan Mode It Does'not Detected Files only Detected Two or Three File But When I Launched Full SCan Mode It Detected Every Htm,Html,some games...
  9. Windows defender -- virus threat protection -- won't restart

Windows defender -- virus threat protection -- won't restart: How does one fix this problem? Windows security virus and threat protection says it needs to be restarted. However, when an attempt is made to restart it, it reports, "Unexpected error. Sorry we ran into a problem. Please try again." Trying again and again gets the same...
  10. windows defender won't update virus and spy-ware definitions

windows defender won't update virus and spy-ware definitions: there is a network connection. defender updated itself until 90% done then a pop-up showed on the screen saying that virus and spy-ware definitions wouldn't update....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender wont delete virus

2. windows defender does not delete virus