Windows 10: Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

Discus and support Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I feel like this is a stupid question and the answer may come to me in the morning, however, the 'defer feature update' setting appears to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ESantana_01, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

Hello,

I feel like this is a stupid question and the answer may come to me in the morning, however, the 'defer feature update' setting appears to be missing from my machine.

This is what I should see and see regularly while I am working on machines at work:

Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options delay-feature-updates-windows-10.png

This is what I actually see:

Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options d38fab21-a8d4-4caa-abdd-92a1c6dcad42?upload=true.gif

I am running Windows 10 Home at version 1803 (10.0.17134) and I had previously set my machine to defer the feature update since I knew that there were a couple bugs that I wanted fixed before I installed it. Now I would like to install it and all I can pull down is monthly updates and other such things.

The dword value for DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings is set to 0.

I am logged in as an administrator and this is my personal machine. I know that I can prep a Windows 10 Home 1809 installation media and perform an in-place upgrade, however, I would rather not. Any assistance on this matter would be appreciated.

:)

ESantana_01, Nov 15, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 15, 2018
  3. tracit99 Win User
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10  

Hi Shawn,

The options to defer updates are missing in Advanced Options for my system. This issue has been discussed some in the 16299.98 thread but so far a solution has not been found. I had checked the registry settings listed above and they match what you show. I have some registry tweaks and I have the managed by organization message but I have removed all tweaks and restarted the system and the defer updates options are still missing. I am also on RP if that makes any difference. I have not done a repair install. Any idea why they have gone missing?

Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options [​IMG]

tracit99, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

Defering Feature Upgrades

How do I defer Feature or Version upgrades?

Advanced Option Settings 'Defer feature updates' is greyed and obviously won't work at present

(Windows 10 Pro)

GeoffBrannan, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

1. Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options - Similar Threads - 'Defer Feature Update'

2. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  3. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  4. Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features: there is no advanced option in my whats app in apps and features in setting , I have latest version of windows 10 but no advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-advanced-options-in-whatsapp-in-apps-and/6d0fa2b0-bfba-48ac-b4bd-7222fada3ecf
  5. Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features: there is no advanced option in my whats app in apps and features in setting , I have latest version of windows 10 but no advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-advanced-options-in-whatsapp-in-apps-and/6d0fa2b0-bfba-48ac-b4bd-7222fada3ecf
  6. Missing "advanced options " in whatsapp in apps and features

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN: Well it's back. I did upgrade to the May 2020 feature update 2004 for a short time and when I saw that this happened I rolled back to version 1909. The reason I upgraded to the Pro Edition of Windows 10 back in 2018 was so I can possibly avoid a "bad" update. I hope...
  8. Advanced Options missing some features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Options missing some features: Of late my Advanced Options only displays the Startup settings while other features such as Startup Repair and Command Prompt suddenly vanished. [IMG]...
  9. Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options: Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options to defer and it keeps on updating when I don't want it to by shutting down...
  10. Missing "Apps & Features > Advanced option"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Apps & Features > Advanced option": I recently recovered my windows 10 from the newest update as a lot of my apps are not compatible yet. Then I realized that many of the windows built-in apps such as Maps, Photos are not working anymore. (They instantly close/crash) I found a solution online: Open the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defer feature updates option missing

2. windows 10 defer features missing

3. Windows Update Advance options not working

4. 1903 defer update missing,
  5. feature update setting missing,
  6. windows 10 update advanced options missing,
  7. windows10 defer feature update setting missing,
  8. windows 10 updates advanced options missing,
  9. defer windows updates disappeared,
  10. windows 10 missing update feature,
  11. defer windows 10 feature update command line,