Windows 10: windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it

Discus and support windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It is not listed in "Services Local" see attached picture". I've run Windows Repair, Scandisk, etc.. How do I get it to work again? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GrampyWhite, Nov 28, 2020.

1. windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it

It is not listed in "Services Local" see attached picture". I've run Windows Repair, Scandisk, etc.. How do I get it to work again?

windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it 78c69605-d9e0-402a-9388-445ccb563b26?upload=true.jpg

:)

GrampyWhite, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Nov 28, 2020
  3. CrashA Win User
    Windows 10 Defrag

Having a similar issue have tried running optimization ansd ran fine on the c drive but when to try and run on the system potion it goes to pass 1 then 2 in seconds and comes back 100 % fragmented but defraged the c drive cleanly ??

Have gone thru this post and SFC ran clean no errors, checked services.msc and listed itemsd are on automatic but disk defragmenter was not listed there ?? The optimization schedule is set for automatic weekly, but probably is not running since I do not
    leave my pc on. My next step would be the windows performance recorder , but before go another step is it possible that this portion was not ment to be defrag ?? Or just turn off the auto schedule and would run ??

This is being done to resolve another issue which is in another post when boot up on the first try pc locks up on the black screen with the blue window, when reboot again it starts up correctly, also in sesolution have tried running chdk C:/r and when get
    to 10% complete it just runs for hours, (2 hours). So thought the defrg would help solve some of these 2 issues !!

Go figure 2 step to fix anther and one issue in each step !!

Any further suggestions ??

windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it aae91fee-90f4-46c4-9c04-65581c7f71eb.jpg

CrashA, Nov 28, 2020
  4. windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it

defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it

1. windows 10 defrag does not launch when try to run it - Similar Threads - defrag does launch

2. Defrag & Optimize will not launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag & Optimize will not launch.: . When i go to services.msc, disk management is not on the list. when i try to manually command the defrag using command center there is no response from defrag and optimize and it does not open/launch.I have an Acer nitro 50 11400f GTX1650 with windows 11....
  3. Defrag & Optimize will not launch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defrag & Optimize will not launch.: . When i go to services.msc, disk management is not on the list. when i try to manually command the defrag using command center there is no response from defrag and optimize and it does not open/launch.I have an Acer nitro 50 11400f GTX1650 with windows 11....
  4. Defrag runs constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag runs constantly: Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time...
  5. Defrag runs constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defrag runs constantly: Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time...
  6. Defrag runs constantly

7. Disk Defragment running on the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Defragment running on the background: Disk Defragment running on the background, and taking up 70% CPU and 40% RAM. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragment-running-on-the-background/78feffd5-93b7-4c7c-a8fb-2bdd49dc6c83
  8. Disk Defragment running on the background

Disk Defragment running on the background: Disk Defragment running on the background, and taking up 70% CPU and 40% RAM. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-defragment-running-on-the-background/78feffd5-93b7-4c7c-a8fb-2bdd49dc6c83
  9. Windows Disk Defrag not running as scheduled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Disk Defrag not running as scheduled.: Have a HP laptop running Win 10 Home. Has a SSD drive. Have Disk Defrag scheduled to run weekly. It has yet to run a scheduled defrag/optimization. No error messages, and if I run it manually, it runs as expected. Computer is left plugged in and powered up almost all the...
  10. Windows 10 launches extra thread when running an executable

Windows 10 launches extra thread when running an executable: Hi there. I observed that when creating an executable with Visual Studio, Windows 10 will launch one (sometimes even two) extra thread. This happens even for the simplest program: int main() { return 0; } If you break on return 0, Visual Studio will show two threads:...