Windows 10: [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update

Discus and support [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After updating to Windows 10 v1803 build 17134.228, I can no longer open Defrag.exe from its default directory from neither system resource.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AJSON-1, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AJSON-1 Win User

[Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update

Hello,

After updating to Windows 10 v1803 build 17134.228, I can no longer open Defrag.exe from its default directory from neither system resource. I get a brief glimpse of a system "cmd-like" window that blinks with no system error or other strangeness. I've ran all system checks AND in safe boot and I still have the same issue. Before I ran the following:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Defrage.exe was named something similar yet I forgot to jot that down. After the file checks though, it did return to Defrag.exe. I've got SysInternals etc. here and I manage my firewall so I have no malware as this PC is consistently updated. I'm at a loss here.

[Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update 0bb01c42-89dd-4b9a-a06a-15a9d1379c4d?upload=true.jpg

:)

AJSON-1, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update :)

Naki, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 8, 2018
  4. ryanly Win User

[Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update - Similar Threads - defragment drives open

2. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Command Line: Microsoft Windows [Version 10_____________________] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\_________>d: D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" D:\> 1 Is there a way to use the command CLS to clear only a portion of contents on a screen? 2 The above code...
  3. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Command Line: In the following code I want to erase the second instance of D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" How can I do that? Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1016] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Coover> d: D:\> :: move program execution from the...
  4. Command Prompt Defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command Prompt Defrag: Hi All. I have a question on CMD Prompt Defrag and boot records. If I had to access the CMD Prompt via the "Choose Options" Troubleshoot/Advanced Options/Command Prompt. If I had to run the defrag utility from here would this by default also defrag my MFT and boot record...
  5. defrag command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    defrag command prompt: Hello which is exactly the command for defrag an external hdd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defrag-command-prompt/f64c3e3b-fddf-459c-a541-cbc5a12b490d
  6. How to run Windows Updates from Command Line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to run Windows Updates from Command Line in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows Update is one of the most highlighted features of Windows 10. Because with the release of Windows 10, Windows was offered to the customers as a service rather than a product. Under the scenario of Software as a Service, [...] This post How to run Windows...
  7. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  8. Launch Windows Update from Command line?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Launch Windows Update from Command line?: Need to open windows update, but it's not where it used to be and I can't use the start button....... How can I open it? 56099
  9. Opening windows store apps from command line

Opening windows store apps from command line: How do I open windows store apps like Hulu from the command prompt? 44674
  10. Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line: Hi everyone, I am here to share how to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line. 1. Open Code: shell:AppsFolder[/quote] 2. Find your app 3. Right click and choose "Create Shortcut" 4. Yes, placed the shortcut on desktop 5. Right click the shortcut and choose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 defrag will not launch

2. win 10 defrag from command line does not work

3. windows 10 defrag batch file command

4. windows 10 will not open defrag,
  5. windows 10 defrag will not open,
  6. windows 10 defrag command line