Windows 10: [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update

Discus and support [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After updating to Windows 10 v1803 build 17134.228, I can no longer open Defrag.exe from its default directory from neither system resource.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AJSON-1, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AJSON-1 Win User

[Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update

Hello,

After updating to Windows 10 v1803 build 17134.228, I can no longer open Defrag.exe from its default directory from neither system resource. I get a brief glimpse of a system "cmd-like" window that blinks with no system error or other strangeness. I've ran all system checks AND in safe boot and I still have the same issue. Before I ran the following:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Defrage.exe was named something similar yet I forgot to jot that down. After the file checks though, it did return to Defrag.exe. I've got SysInternals etc. here and I manage my firewall so I have no malware as this PC is consistently updated. I'm at a loss here.

[Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update 0bb01c42-89dd-4b9a-a06a-15a9d1379c4d?upload=true.jpg

:)

AJSON-1, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update :)

Naki, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 8, 2018
  4. ryanly Win User

[Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. [Windows 10] defragment drives will not open from command line after 1803 update - Similar Threads - defragment drives open

2. Show list of installed updates from command line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show list of installed updates from command line: Hello I've looking for a command to list all windows updates from command line on a pc who stuck in bootloop, so it must've be done from the recovery console in cmd. We tried dism and wmic but neither worked. Thanks...
  3. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  4. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...
  5. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  6. Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder: This is the first of a series of posts in which we’ll explore all things command-line – from the origins of the command-line and the evolution of the terminal, to what we’re doing to overhaul and modernize the Windows Console & command-line in future Windows releases. Posts...
  7. Launch Windows Update from Command line?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Launch Windows Update from Command line?: Need to open windows update, but it's not where it used to be and I can't use the start button....... How can I open it? 56099
  8. Opening windows store apps from command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening windows store apps from command line: How do I open windows store apps like Hulu from the command prompt? 44674
  9. Bash window and last command line after CU

Bash window and last command line after CU: After creators update, bash window does not update last command. ie .bash_history not getting updated. Any reason? Any way to solve it? 84780
  10. Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line: Hi everyone, I am here to share how to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line. 1. Open Code: shell:AppsFolder[/quote] 2. Find your app 3. Right click and choose "Create Shortcut" 4. Yes, placed the shortcut on desktop 5. Right click the shortcut and choose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 defrag command line