Windows 10: Windows 10 Defualt font missing after update, will also not restore or reset to factory...

Discus and support Windows 10 Defualt font missing after update, will also not restore or reset to factory... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently had an update on my Windows 10 HP Notebook. It was the Win10 64-bit Home Edition and I was using an AMD Processor (I cant not be sure of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nasiecoon, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Nasiecoon Win User

Windows 10 Defualt font missing after update, will also not restore or reset to factory...

I recently had an update on my Windows 10 HP Notebook. It was the Win10 64-bit Home Edition and I was using an AMD Processor (I cant not be sure of which one as I am typing this on a different PC). After the update everything was fine and I turned my laptop off as I did not need to use it anymore. However, later on I needed to print some documents so booted it up again. My default font had changed to Wing Dings from Segoue. I restarted and it changed to what I thought was Ariel, but later found in the font menus is called Terminal (it was also the only one available to choose from in the menu). My desktop doesn't display any text for files nor on command prompts. I tried doing a reset to keep my files and then backed my files up to a USB and on OneDrive to do a factory reset. Both times it ran into errors and said it could not reset the pc. Before I tried this though I should mention I used my AVG antivirus and tune up to scan and fixed the errors it said was wrong (104 registry errors, this was post update as the day before I did a scan and there were no errors). I was hoping that would fix but did not, which is when I tried to reset. I have no idea what is going on and no real clue as to how to fix as my laptop also crashes and freezes up now. I am going to try to us the Windows Creation Tool to see if there are any files that could have been deleted during the update. Are there any other suggestions on what I might do to fix this error. I am at my wits end!

:)

Nasiecoon, Feb 20, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Microsoft Posts Guide to Windows 10 Creators Update Gaming Features

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/993430d3-5026-41b4-a3a9-3e91979cdec2

"If the manufacturer set up your PC to run from a compressed Windows image file and included an option to restore factory settings, the “Restore factory settings” option will be removed after you upgrade to Windows 10, but other recovery options are still available. The “Restore factory settings” option is not supported in Windows 10 on compressed operating systems"

EDIT Doing the upgrade clean install now to 15063

DRDNA, Feb 20, 2019
  3. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Defualt font missing after update, will also not restore or reset to factory...

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Defualt font missing after update, will also not restore or reset to factory...

1. Windows 10 Defualt font missing after update, will also not restore or reset to factory... - Similar Threads - Defualt font missing

2. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  3. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  4. restore files after unintentional factory reset

restore files after unintentional factory reset: I moved my ssd to different hardware but failed so i had to get the data erased in order for it to work , exept i really wanted my data all intact because all i wanted is to use my laptop again ....
  5. restore files after unintentional factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore files after unintentional factory reset: I moved my ssd to different hardware but failed so i had to get the data erased in order for it to work , exept i really wanted my data all intact because all i wanted is to use my laptop again ....
  6. Missing space after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing space after factory reset: Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None of it is unallocated and I can't figure out how to get this space back....
  7. Missing space after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing space after factory reset: Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None of it is unallocated and I can't figure out how to get this space back....
  8. Missing space after factory reset

9. Cursor missing after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor missing after Factory Reset: Recently I factory reset my PC, and now my Cursor is gone. I tried contacting Microsoft and HP, there was no solution. I came here to find an answer and put this hint to a rest. Ask me any questions, and I'll try to respond to the best of my ability!...
  10. Restoring a backup after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring a backup after Factory Reset: I recently got stuck in a Windows Recovery loop after uninstalling adware off my computer. I’ve now done a factory reset but before I did, I backed up my personal files and settings to an external hard drive. I can view the files in File Explorer but can’t find a way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4482887

2. fonts missing windows 10 after update

3. fonts missing after windows 10 upgrade