Windows 10: Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper

Discus and support Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Better to come out and say it now then to make people wonder what's up on the day in question. IMHO. If you've reserved your upgrade via the Get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by groze, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper

Better to come out and say it now then to make people wonder what's up on the day in question. IMHO. If you've reserved your upgrade via the Get Windows 10 app, your PC may download what's needed a day or two before. Then just update when it gets the go signal from Redmond. That would spread the bandwidth out even more by preloading a bunch of PC's before hand. And take some of the strain off of the download servers on the big day. They are going to have to stager it for the rest but hopefully they only have to wait a day or two.

alphanumeric, Jul 3, 2015
  2. CountMike New Member

If MS plans to distribute it piece by piece, they should start sending finished parts soon. Could not find anything in IO logs.

CountMike, Jul 3, 2015
  3. May be a bit early for that yet. I wouldn't expect it to happen until about a week before the official release date. That would be my guess anyway. It would be a managed download that would keep track of progress and resume when your PC is turned on. I doubt you'll see any please do not shut down your PC messages. You likely won't even know its happening unless your looking for it.

4. groze Win User

Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper

To me, it sounds like they are going to do the piece by piece starting on July 29 instead of earlier, since they are rolling out in stages.

groze, Jul 3, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Mike see my post here to get a event viewer custom view for GWX to see what it does.(also read a the next post too)

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2015
  6. This is where I now get confused

at first I thought this would be done about a week or so before the 29th, but now it sounds like it is going to start doing it after the 29th

paulsalter, Jul 3, 2015
  7. I think they'll start before the 29th. Just my 2 cents though. Nobody will be updated until the 29th, but the files needed will be downloaded before then. I think it will be the people that didn't reserve their update that will be staggered download. I could be wrong, who knows.

8. DavidY Win User

It was my understanding too that most people (not Insiders) would have it download in the run-up to 29th. I wonder if they are running behind where they wanted to be, and shifting the timescales slightly.

DavidY, Jul 3, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I suspect it's more to do with the volume of upgrades and server load than running behind with the OS development.

BunnyJ, Jul 3, 2015
  10. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...nMore_win10faq

What happens when I reserve?

When you reserve, you can confirm your device is compatible with Windows 10. Between reservation and when your upgrade is ready, the files you need for the upgrade will be downloaded to your PC to make the final installation go more quickly. Then, when your upgrade is ready after July 29, 2015, you get a notification that lets you get started with your upgrade.

How long does it take?

Plan for about an hour for the installation. Newer devices may only take 20 minutes, and older devices may take more than an hour.
    You’ll need to download the installation files before you begin. If you reserve, we’ll take care of downloading those files for you and let you know when you are ready to get started.

11. Cliff S New Member
    Key word*chuckle

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2015
  12. That just means you can't update until the 29th or latter. Even if all the required files are already downloaded and ready. That's how I read it anyway. It is open to interpretation though.

13. Cliff S New Member

They are also doing it step wise to make sure all reserved devices can actually have a good "OOBE". Just because, for example, someone has an i7, SSD, and a GeForce GTX 980 Ti, doesn't necessarily mean Win 10 can install well.

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2015
  14. Lots and lots of variables to contend with. Upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1? MSE or Defender or other? Drivers, installed software, peripherals connected? Possibly Pirated or infected with malware? The list goes on. Recovery options in case things go south? This is why they have been pushing us to upgrade instead of doing clean installs. This is why ISO's are few and far between.

15. Cliff S New Member
    Yup to those variables, that's why even though I had absolutely no problems with the Insider upgrades with everything being pretty much left(except for RAPID Mode) I've still cleaned house. For example already deactivated WMC & Gadgets in Win7 and will uninstall MSE a day before. On both machines got rid of all traces of UXStyles and set my Disk properties to Windows default and ran SFC and ran winsat to let windows set to defaults. I want so little carry over cruft as possible.

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper - Similar Threads - Delayed Release Latest

2. Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO: Latest release 10.0.19043.1110 (July 13, 2021; 1 day ago[ Where can i get this Windows 10 release (build)? I have Win10 21H1 ISO but i need latest release. Is there any site where can i download latest build (ISO) and select language? 182550
  3. Latest stable release of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest stable release of windows 10: Can anyone tell me the latest stable build no. of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-stable-release-of-windows-10/68ed355a-d6a4-463e-9933-38d2f7d35482
  4. Correct Windows 10 Latest Release.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Correct Windows 10 Latest Release.: Dear Members, I am having difficulties in upgrading Windows 10 Home. I don't know if I already have the latest and greatest version of Windows 10. I checked my Windows Version and it list it as "Build 18362.19h1_release 190318-1202". I tried using Windows Update Assistant and...
  5. Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows: Latest Chromium based Microsoft Edge stable, Beta, Dev, and Canary builds released for Windows Microsoft Edge [img] Version: 79.0.309.65 Release date: January 15, 2020 See also: New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available Download Microsoft Edge Beta...
  6. Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Bloopers - Ep. 22

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Bloopers - Ep. 22: And cut! This week on Microsoft Unboxed, we’re unboxing our favorite bloopers with cohosts Sonia and Colleen. Enjoy a mash-up of all the out-of-the-box mishaps, outtakes, dance moves and laughs that happen during the filming of our weekly series. Microsoft Unboxed is a...
  7. MICROSOFT RELEASED LATEST ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES FOR WINDOWS 10 V1803

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT RELEASED LATEST ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES FOR WINDOWS 10 V1803: On 13-07-2018 , microsoft released new administrative templates for windows 10 v1803 direct downloading link...
  8. Latest Firefox Released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Firefox Released for Windows: Latest Firefox Released for Windows [img] [img] Information Firefox Release Version: 59.0.2 Release Date: March 26, 2018 32-bit and 64-bit Download Page: Mozilla Firefox Web Browser - Download Firefox in your language - Mozilla Release Notes: Firefox...
  9. The latest released Windows 10 Pro version?

in Windows 10 Support
    The latest released Windows 10 Pro version?: My version is Build 10240 pushed to me from MS. I have it on a desktop Pc and a Thinkpad 450. Theres is a lot of errors in the eventviewer on both Pc's and it is the same errors. About 8 perflib errors when starting up and a lot of ESENT errors like: SettingSyncHost (844)...
  10. Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...: Microsoft had originally stated that they planned to release Windows 10 build 9879 to 'slow ring' users possibly this week but that is no longer the case. Microsoft's head of the Windows Insider program, Gabe Aul, has stated that the release will not occur until next week....