Windows 10: Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper

Discus and support Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; MSE should be fine, its the others, like Norton, that's almost impossible to uninstall, that could be issues. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by groze, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper

MSE should be fine, its the others, like Norton, that's almost impossible to uninstall, that could be issues.

alphanumeric, Jul 3, 2015

2. Thanks, that makes sense and is what I am hoping

My 8.1 install is reserved for upgrade, so hoping on 29th I will get a prompt to install

paulsalter, Jul 3, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    During After upgrades I had a quick pop-up warning that went away fast about MSE, so something carried over, It only showed up once after upgrading the different builds directly from Win7.

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper

GWX on my Win8.1 machine today

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins
    Date: 04-Jul-15 07:09:30
    Event ID: 300
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: TOWER-PC\Clifford
    Computer: TOWER-PC
    Description:
    Information message: GWX App: Received config update
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins" Guid="{18ABEBC9-83EC-435F-8F15-6D1E9187C999}" />
    <EventID>300</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-04T05:09:30.446833700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4422</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4420" ThreadID="260" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>TOWER-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2307772881-1639979220-2474486393-1001" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="Message">GWX App: Received config update</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Cliff S, Jul 3, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    If they released an ISO for the impatient ones, their servers would be even more hammered than they will be with the upgrade already happening. Last time I noticed how many Insiders there are, I think it was 3.5 million. That was a couple of months or more ago, so it could be over 4 million now.

That's a bunch of upgrades to happen on the 29th if I'm reading what I think I'm reading. Top that off with a few gazillion people wanting to download the ISO . . . you do the math . . . my head's already about to 'splode! *Think

Wynona, Jul 4, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    The did say they want 1,000,000,000 devices didn't they*Smile. Then they should think about "Infrastructure". Maybe the same amount and type of servers that their Bing side uses*chuckle.

Cliff S, Jul 4, 2015
  7. groze Win User
    Do you really think that many people want 10? I am not so sure. I am having issues myself with windows 10 & 7 not wanting to dual boot like in the past (Long story not for the news thread) but I don't give up that easy. I am going to keep trying to do the dual boot with 10 & 7

groze, Jul 4, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Don't give up. And once you get it working well(repeatedly) write up on it and you'll probably get a lot of reps from the people who want to stay with 7 till it dies but also stay with the insider program.

Personally I can't wait to get rid of 7 on my laptop(10 just runs better on it, probably the weak CPU and integrated graphic see my specs).

Cliff S, Jul 4, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    I'm not too eager to download and use RTM immediately because last update (if there's one at all) will be very close to it and will know 99% what to expect from RTM. If I don't catch it in first wave I'd rather wait a week or two to do it in more leisure and comfortable manner. I don't know how many people are in the fast ring but up to now it wasn't too stressful to download updates pretty fast. RTM is not likely to be any larger download than most of official updates so if they went relatively smooth, so should RTM. Certainly, no need to panic TP and it's last version is not going to disappear overnight.

CountMike, Jul 4, 2015
  10. Dave44 Win User
    yes that's the goal and they said in next 3 years not on day 1

Dave44, Jul 4, 2015
  11. DavidY Win User
    Paul Thurrott also points out that there seems to be a change here.
    Source: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...29-launch-date

DavidY, Jul 4, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    .. Time will tell but I suspect we will get Win10 starting on the 29th. Will all of us.. well it might take a day or so longer but we will.

.. Keep calm and carry on. *Wink

BunnyJ, Jul 4, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

I know, I know, I know <raises hand and waves it in the air> They can make all the Bing servers send out upgrades too! *Smile

Wynona, Jul 4, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Groze, you probably already know this, but the oldest OS needs to be installed first, then the newer one.

Wynona, Jul 4, 2015
  15. Berton Win User
    As far back as I can remember [at least a few years] that has always been a maxim.

Berton, Jul 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper - Similar Threads - Delayed Release Latest

2. Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 latest release (build) ISO: Latest release 10.0.19043.1110 (July 13, 2021; 1 day ago[ Where can i get this Windows 10 release (build)? I have Win10 21H1 ISO but i need latest release. Is there any site where can i download latest build (ISO) and select language? 182550
  3. Latest stable release of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest stable release of windows 10: Can anyone tell me the latest stable build no. of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-stable-release-of-windows-10/68ed355a-d6a4-463e-9933-38d2f7d35482
  4. Correct Windows 10 Latest Release.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Correct Windows 10 Latest Release.: Dear Members, I am having difficulties in upgrading Windows 10 Home. I don't know if I already have the latest and greatest version of Windows 10. I checked my Windows Version and it list it as "Build 18362.19h1_release 190318-1202". I tried using Windows Update Assistant and...
  5. Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows: Latest Chromium based Microsoft Edge stable, Beta, Dev, and Canary builds released for Windows Microsoft Edge [img] Version: 79.0.309.65 Release date: January 15, 2020 See also: New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available Download Microsoft Edge Beta...
  6. Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Bloopers - Ep. 22

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Bloopers - Ep. 22: And cut! This week on Microsoft Unboxed, we’re unboxing our favorite bloopers with cohosts Sonia and Colleen. Enjoy a mash-up of all the out-of-the-box mishaps, outtakes, dance moves and laughs that happen during the filming of our weekly series. Microsoft Unboxed is a...
  7. MICROSOFT RELEASED LATEST ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES FOR WINDOWS 10 V1803

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT RELEASED LATEST ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES FOR WINDOWS 10 V1803: On 13-07-2018 , microsoft released new administrative templates for windows 10 v1803 direct downloading link...
  8. Latest Firefox Released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Firefox Released for Windows: Latest Firefox Released for Windows [img] [img] Information Firefox Release Version: 59.0.2 Release Date: March 26, 2018 32-bit and 64-bit Download Page: Mozilla Firefox Web Browser - Download Firefox in your language - Mozilla Release Notes: Firefox...
  9. The latest released Windows 10 Pro version?

in Windows 10 Support
    The latest released Windows 10 Pro version?: My version is Build 10240 pushed to me from MS. I have it on a desktop Pc and a Thinkpad 450. Theres is a lot of errors in the eventviewer on both Pc's and it is the same errors. About 8 perflib errors when starting up and a lot of ESENT errors like: SettingSyncHost (844)...
  10. Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...: Microsoft had originally stated that they planned to release Windows 10 build 9879 to 'slow ring' users possibly this week but that is no longer the case. Microsoft's head of the Windows Insider program, Gabe Aul, has stated that the release will not occur until next week....