Windows 10: Windows 10 - Delete cloned HDD partitions.

Discus and support Windows 10 - Delete cloned HDD partitions. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I cloned my HDD 320gb to a 1TB new one and planned to not use the 320 again. But can't boot from this new cloned HDDinsert boot media in select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hawky222, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Hawky222 Win User

Windows 10 - Delete cloned HDD partitions.

Hi,

I cloned my HDD 320gb to a 1TB new one and planned to not use the 320 again. But can't boot from this new cloned HDDinsert boot media in select boot device and press a key.

So I've been trying it again, with EaseUS Todo Backup Free and same thing happens.

This disk 1 is now a dynamic disk and I want to just extend the new volume 334gb with the 596.16gb but it won't let me because I have these system partitions but I can't delete them either. I've added photos.

I really have no idea how to continue & if anyone can help me just clone my C: drive on this 1TB hdd and use it as my main hdd would be really helpful.

Thanks

Windows 10 - Delete cloned HDD partitions. 747e93d7-bd89-4ebb-be35-00402e352539?upload=true.png Windows 10 - Delete cloned HDD partitions. ab4afd8e-1b29-4d69-8275-388735acafbe?upload=true.png

:)

Hawky222, Mar 31, 2020
  2. IcyTruth Win User

Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

Not sure if this was answered(cant find 1) but recently cloned windows 10 from HDD to SSD. My HDD was setup as GPT and the partition was setup with the OS as almost the full 1tb size. I had and currently have alot of used space that i dont wanna lose if
    it can be avoided. The whole cloning process was a pain having to move stuff to the ssd then partition the empty space on hdd the move stuff to the new partition until I had less than 200g with the OS still there so I can clone it onto ssd after cleaning
    it. Os works fine(windows loads sooo much faster) old hdd works fine but wanna get rid of the old os on hdd without deleting anything else? Sorry so long and sadly I merged the partitions back to 1.

IcyTruth, Mar 31, 2020
  3. DayKnight Win User
    Cloned HDD wont boot

Background: Two partitions on HDD. Bought a new HDD and this is what happened...

Program I use is Easeus disk copy. It has 2 modes to clone data. Clone disk and clone partition. Whenever I tried the option that only copied the primary/windows partition, I got an error at boot. When I did the whole HDD copy, everything worked like a charm.

No, I had no important windows files in that second partition. It only had my important files.

DayKnight, Mar 31, 2020
  4. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Windows 10 - Delete cloned HDD partitions. boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Delete cloned HDD partitions. - Similar Threads - Delete cloned HDD

2. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  3. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  4. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cloning hdd ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning hdd ?: Hello I just bought a 3tb hdd and I want to move/ copy all my games from one hdd to another. So the question is is it possible to transfer just games to new hdd without re-downloading all the games. Also I plan on wiping old hdd clean for to use as another storage device on...
  6. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  7. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  8. Clone Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Windows Partition: I want to clone my windows partition to a 250GB SSD. C currently resides on a 3TB drive that has 4 other partitions on it. Using Macrium I can see the C partition fine along with the rest. I only want the C to be cloned and not the rest which obviously wont fit anyway. Do I...
  9. Delete OS Partition on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete OS Partition on HDD: Hi so tomorrow I'm going to change my OS from an HDD to an SSD. Thing is that I want to use my HDD that I'm replacing as back up storage and I heard you can keep your info from the old HDD without having to format it, but you can delete the OS partition of the drive. Anyone...
  10. Is cloning Hidden partitions from HDD to SSD necessary?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is cloning Hidden partitions from HDD to SSD necessary?: Hi guys. I have a one-TB HDD on my laptop and want to replace it by a 240-GB SSD and there are some questions about hidden partitions and other things. First of all in Macrium reflect, I see that there are some hidden partitions which I don't know what they are. The first...