Windows 10: Windows 10 delete file error

Discus and support Windows 10 delete file error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 is not releasing files when deleted fast enough for a program my company uses that is renaming a new file to match the "deleted" file name.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IAmFirstborne, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 delete file error

Windows 10 is not releasing files when deleted fast enough for a program my company uses that is renaming a new file to match the "deleted" file name.

We are using Kodak DP2. The program is copying an image file, and doing work on the file. Meanwhile, DP2 tries to delete the original file twice. Once work has been done on the copy of the original file, it is renamed to match the original file name, which shouldbe deleted by the time the work is done.

However, within the past few months, we have encountered many, many errors where the images are either not getting released by Windows fast enough once deleted, or the delete is taking far too long to occur. Therefore, when DP2 attempts to rename the copied file to the original file name, the process fails because the filename is still "in use". The result is the loss of both the original file, and the copied file.

This problem has only started occurring within the past few months. It occurs on multiple machines with different builds. The log files within DP2 that we have read do not log issues half of the time, while the other half of the time there will be a "virtual memory" error.

We have 16GBs of ram, and 24GBs of virtual memory.

We are 99% sure this problem is not related to permissions, as we have encountered this issue among several users and machines, both with domain admins and users, and local admins and users. Our machines have all been running Samsung SSD hard drives.

The image files we are working on are on two different network server boxes according to the job type; one is a FreeNAS RAID, and the other is a Windows 2008 r2. All of the images will come from one box or the other, but not both. We have had the issue from images on both boxes. We are running at a Gigabit.

:)

IAmFirstborne, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

Windows 10 delete file error

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 delete file error

1. Windows 10 delete file error - Similar Threads - delete file error

2. Delete file windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delete file windows 10: I cannot delete a word file in Windows 10. Delete option not in dropdown menu and delete X in not highlighted red. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-file-windows-10/94bf909e-91bd-4834-98f7-732673be054a
  3. deleted files windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleted files windows 10: how to restore deleted files windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-windows-10/a1b61eaa-c743-4f04-9e45-0d3c34c59b7d
  4. deleted files on windows 10

deleted files on windows 10: I deleted all files to make disc space, but little space gained so I still can't reset my laptop. The files I moved to my usb key now go to 'shortcuts' which my laptop tells me I can't access! Stumped! Have I got to buy new laptop?...
  5. Deleted Files on Windows 10

Deleted Files on Windows 10: Hi All seems like a load of my files have been deleted from my laptop. Not sure if it was due to an update as I have read this can happen from reviews in other forums. Im not sure exactly when they were deletd but I did notice last week wen logging on my desktop looks...
  6. Export Errors/ File Deleting Errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export Errors/ File Deleting Errors: 1 I cant Delete my own files which i have copied to Videos Folder from desktop.Even i cant delete photo folder too whuch i have copies to to Photos From desktop and ut keep saying admisstrative permission and after continue it says try again 2I cannot export mp3/mp4 or...
  7. File Delete Errors/File Export Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Delete Errors/File Export Errors: 1 I cant Delete my own files which i have copied to Videos Folder from desktop.Even i cant delete photo folder too whuch i have copies to to Photos From desktop and ut keep saying admisstrative permission and after continue it says try again 2I cannot export mp3/mp4 or...
  8. windows 10 deleting files

windows 10 deleting files: Hi there. Today I became sure that windows 10 is deleting files. No virus in my computer,scanned with kaspersky and windows defender. my C waf completely full, but now I see that 3 GB was deleted. It happened last year and 20GB was deleted, no viruses again. I dont know which...
  9. Delete File in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete File in Windows 10: How to: Delete File in Windows 10 How to Delete a File in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you different ways on how to delete a file in Windows 10. *note Deleting a file from a removable drive will be permanently deleted by default. *note Deleting a file from...
  10. Deleting files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting files in windows 10: How can I delete files in windows 10? 18468