Windows 10: Windows 10 - Delete partition A & B - what will happen on C: ??

Discus and support Windows 10 - Delete partition A & B - what will happen on C: ?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im about to install windows 10 from an ISO - to replace windows 8 - problem is I have an A & B partition on there which I was going to use for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by melaniosulivan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Delete partition A & B - what will happen on C: ??

Im about to install windows 10 from an ISO - to replace windows 8 - problem is I have an A & B partition on there which I was going to use for something else like media & a restore system.

When I delete Partition a and b - will this extra space go back into C: harddrive ??? or do I have to do a format C: to get that extra space back ??? No its a Laptop with only One hdd- if thats the 1st reply .

:)

melaniosulivan, Jan 19, 2021
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Windows 10 - Delete partition A & B   - what will happen on C: ?? boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Resize partition C

In order to extend C and recover space from D, you will need to delete the 866 MB Healthy Recovery Partition and the Storage D:\ partitions.

There appears to be data on the D:\ partition.

I recommend you backup any important data on that partition before deleting it. After deleting the partitions, you will be able to extend C:\

Steps:

Right click the ‘Healthy (Recovery Paritition) and the
    Storage (DWindows 10 - Delete partition A & B   - what will happen on C: ?? :)
    partitions in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition
    (CWindows 10 - Delete partition A & B   - what will happen on C: ?? :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Delete partition A & B - what will happen on C: ??

How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Delete partition A & B - what will happen on C: ??

1. Windows 10 - Delete partition A & B - what will happen on C: ?? - Similar Threads - Delete partition happen

2. What happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ?: I see everywhere what happens if you delete system32 or c:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM but what happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-you-delete-cwindowssystem/65c5503f-4284-41a5-b9ff-89dd588a98be
  3. What happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ?: I see everywhere what happens if you delete system32 or c:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM but what happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-you-delete-cwindowssystem/65c5503f-4284-41a5-b9ff-89dd588a98be
  4. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  5. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition: I'm trying to prepare an old Win10 desktop for my granddaughter. Currently, there is only one drive in the desktop Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB. The above image shows that it has four partitions. What is the 2nd partition with the drive letter "E".Can the "E" drive be safely...
  6. Win10 Drive C partitions, what is the E partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?: I did a Google search and the explanations were esoteric to me. Are repairs to the hard drive done and are the repairs permanent? 131780
  8. What happen if i delete "C:\Recovery" folder after update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happen if i delete "C:\Recovery" folder after update?: Do you recommended or not? If yes, then how? It has occupied my 5.2 GB of space and i cannot delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happen-if-i-delete-crecovery-folder-after/ae3df92b-5bd1-4ff4-b46a-b99027a78c7a"
  9. WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES: WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happen-if-i-delete-windows-folder-in-c-drive/057d832f-45d6-4372-9944-6bd5eab9b643
  10. Now Windows 10 Has C, B, and D Updates. What is Microsoft Smoking?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Now Windows 10 Has C, B, and D Updates. What is Microsoft Smoking?: 'According to Microsoft, Windows 10 has “B,” “C,” and “D” updates—but never “A” updates! These updates are released at different times, contain different things, and are offered to different people. Let’s break all this down...' Source: Now Windows 10 Has C, B, and D Updates....