Windows 10: windows 10 deleted all files

Discus and support windows 10 deleted all files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a brand new HP all in one, came with windows 10. After an update all files were wiped from computer. Restored all files from Carbonite but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AloneMill, Apr 2, 2020.

1. AloneMill Win User

windows 10 deleted all files

Have a brand new HP all in one, came with windows 10. After an update all files were wiped from computer. Restored all files from Carbonite but Microsoft Office required a reboot to access programs. Reboot again wiped all files from computer. After two years of this type of issue how could it still happen on a brand new computer??? How do I find my files, restore the files and stop it from ever happening again.

thanks

:)

AloneMill, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 deleted all files - Similar Threads - deleted files

2. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  3. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  4. Files getting deleted after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files getting deleted after update.: For some reason whenever my laptop updates it will delete recent files and downloads even though I have enough storage to hold them. My background image and my files will reset and whenever I try to back it up it won't bring up any file. I tried scanning for any malware and...
  5. Files getting deleted after update.

Files getting deleted after update.: For some reason whenever my laptop updates it will delete recent files and downloads even though I have enough storage to hold them. My background image and my files will reset and whenever I try to back it up it won't bring up any file. I tried scanning for any malware and...
  6. Files getting deleted after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  8. deleted files keep coming back after restart

deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  9. how do i get windows 11 to stop deleting my mp3 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get windows 11 to stop deleting my mp3 files: how do i get windows 11 to stop deleting my mp3 files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-11-to-stop-deleting-my-mp3/c009b729-1fd2-4474-b1ae-8fe09c39b8cf
  10. how do i get windows 11 to stop deleting my mp3 files

how do i get windows 11 to stop deleting my mp3 files: how do i get windows 11 to stop deleting my mp3 files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-11-to-stop-deleting-my-mp3/c009b729-1fd2-4474-b1ae-8fe09c39b8cf