Windows 10: Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away

Discus and support Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I deleted the Alexa app from Windows 10 by right-clicking on the app icon and hitting Uninstall. The app icon appeared on my start menu twice for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HorsePigeon, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away

So I deleted the Alexa app from Windows 10 by right-clicking on the app icon and hitting Uninstall. The app icon appeared on my start menu twice for some reason and only one of them disappeared when I deleted the app. Now the other Alexa app icon is still there and doesn't work (obviously) because the app was uninstalled. How can I delete this dead app icon from my start menu?

:)

HorsePigeon, Dec 15, 2018

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 15, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away

1. Windows 10 Deleted App Icon Won't Go Away - Similar Threads - Deleted App Icon

2. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  3. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  4. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.: Hi there,I recently deleted this app and while I had the app on my device, I had a shortcut of it on my desktop. I deleted the app and I tried removing the shortcut but it won't be removed. It says this file is not found when I try deleting it. Any help would be much...
  6. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  7. "All apps" notification won't go away

"All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  8. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away: My Windows 10 defender is showing [ATTACH] in the lower right portion of my desktop screen - I guess that is the task bar by the date/clock. all the windows defender setting are set [ATTACH] So what can I do to get rid of the [ATTACH] because it was not there before?...
  10. Apps won't go away in settings all apps

Apps won't go away in settings all apps: I've downloaded steam and on that i've downloaded games when i downloaden warface it started and then i wnted to quit maybe i've done that wrong in some way... But now that i want to delete that app it says that the app is still running i didn't know how to stop the app, i've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows app in my start menu wont go away

2. i delted an app but it wong go away pc windows 10