Windows 10: Windows 10 deleted my files and now my desktop won’t load

Discus and support Windows 10 deleted my files and now my desktop won’t load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello and thank you in advance. So back in February I think windows did an update and since I haven’t used my laptop. Yesterday I turned it and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PdroS, Apr 27, 2020.

1. PdroS Win User

Windows 10 deleted my files and now my desktop won’t load

Hello and thank you in advance.

So back in February I think windows did an update and since I haven’t used my laptop. Yesterday I turned it and i found out that my desktop has all the programs that I installed all this time but all my files are gone and the taskbar is back to like a brand new laptop and it also signed me out of Chrome, all the Adobe programs, etc. So I run the antivirus and it showed me some of the files that I thought I lost, so I’m guessing they’re hidden now?

Also after I tried to look for them and making sure i didn’t move/change anything, I restarted my laptop and when I login my desktop wont show and the screen is black with the taskbar flashing and a message saying :

"C:\Windows\System32\Config\SystemProfile\Desktop is unavailable"

Please I need some help, I really don’t want to lose all my files.

:)

PdroS, Apr 27, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 deleted my files and now my desktop won’t load

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 deleted my files and now my desktop won’t load

1. Windows 10 deleted my files and now my desktop won’t load - Similar Threads - deleted files desktop

2. My computer won’t load windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t load windows: My computer won’t load windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-load-windows/1661d863-92e1-4580-9789-fe45eaf2f885
  3. My computer won’t load windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won’t load windows: My computer won’t load windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-load-windows/1661d863-92e1-4580-9789-fe45eaf2f885
  4. My computer won’t load windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My desktop won’t boot into windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop won’t boot into windows 10: The desktop been stuck every time boot into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-wont-boot-into-windows-10/09dae182-2f90-455b-a17a-e583d3ff0449
  6. My desktop won’t boot into windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop won’t boot into windows 10: The desktop been stuck every time boot into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-wont-boot-into-windows-10/09dae182-2f90-455b-a17a-e583d3ff0449
  7. My desktop won’t boot into windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Accidentally ran a file bomb on my desktop and now desktop wont load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally ran a file bomb on my desktop and now desktop wont load: So I accidentally ran a script that made a ton of folders on the desktop by spamming mkdir. Now the computer is super slow and will not let me even try to start deleting folders. Is there anyway to fix this without doing a factory reset? submitted by /u/lil-beetroot...
  9. My pc won’t load to windows or my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc won’t load to windows or my desktop: Hello, i was wondering if anyone could help with “the blue screen of death” stop code 0xc000021a ive tried everything but when i do reset pc it keeps saying no changes were made so if any one can help i will appreciate it[IMG]...
  10. Desktop won’t load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop won’t load: So I boot up my laptop and the boot screen says C: drive is being repaired. After logging in my desktop won’t load and the taskbar keeps flickering while the rest of the screen is black. Is this an issue with Win10 or a virus? Thanks submitted by /u/kakkarot_73 [link]...