Windows 10: Windows 10 deleted my files

Discus and support Windows 10 deleted my files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This morning I was shocked (to the bones) when I saw that 47 of my video files has gone.I have decided to record 48th video while drinking the morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ryukote91, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 deleted my files

This morning I was shocked (to the bones) when I saw that 47 of my video files has gone.I have decided to record 48th video while drinking the morning coffee. Before recording, those 47 files were there and after I finished with recording and decided to watch that video, I noticed that those 47 files has just gone in the air. I have searched in Recycle Bin but without any success. This is like 2 weeks of work and I am pretty much sad this happend.

1. Why does it happen? What was the trigger for Windows to delete those files?
    2. I have used Recuva and while I did restored those files, 80%-90% of them are damaged with error code "0xc00d36c4", whatever that means. Is there a way to make those files playable again? Cause it will be really big pain to record them again.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Ryukote91
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ryukote91, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

Windows 10 deleted my files

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 deleted my files

1. Windows 10 deleted my files - Similar Threads - deleted files

2. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  3. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  4. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  5. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  6. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...: For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files 21.8GB attached image.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-last-two-months-i-am-trying-to-find-a-away/e486c836-adb0-4495-82b2-093499cfad9f
  9. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...: For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files 21.8GB attached image.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-last-two-months-i-am-trying-to-find-a-away/e486c836-adb0-4495-82b2-093499cfad9f
  10. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...