Windows 10: Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have deleted photos, they are not available in Photos. However when I click the windows button in the bottom left, they show up under Photos tile as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Need Help_591, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...

I have deleted photos, they are not available in Photos. However when I click the windows button in the bottom left, they show up under Photos tile as a thumbnail. If i click the thumbnail they do not show up. I have tried everything and cannot get them to not show up. Please help.

:)

Need Help_591, Nov 10, 2019

2. Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key”, right click on Photo app
    • Click “Turn Live tile off
    • Now open the “Photo app”, click on “settings” in the left pane
    • Add photos folder in the sources that you want to view on the tile
    • In the “photo tile” option, click on “recent photos
    • Close the current window, again press “Windows key”
    • You should be able to see the selected images now

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Nov 10, 2019
  3. JAD11 Win User
    Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

How can I set Windows 10 to stop scanning my system for photos? I've setup a particular folder that I want to use as a source for my photo tile, I set the tile to show recent photos and removed all the other folders listed under
    sources. Temporarily this works. However, each time I reboot, the computer automatically adds all the picture folders as sources. Routinely, after rebooting, I remove the unwanted folders. Outside of deleting these photos, is there a way to stop my computer
    from adding the photo folders as sources?

Ultimately, I want to restrict the live tile to source photos from a designated folder.

Thanks!

JAD11, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...

Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click... [​IMG]

Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click... [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...

1. Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click... - Similar Threads - Deleted Photos still

2. In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?: I am attempting to clean any personal data from my laptop so that I can give it away. I have deleted all photos from the "pictures" folder. HOWEVER, when I click the "windows" key there is a portion of the screen titled "Life at a glance" which shows my photos in the "Photo"...
  3. In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 10, where are photos that appear in photo tile stored?: I am attempting to clean any personal data from my laptop so that I can give it away. I have deleted all photos from the "pictures" folder. HOWEVER, when I click the "windows" key there is a portion of the screen titled "Life at a glance" which shows my photos in the "Photo"...
  4. no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos: no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-thumbnails-when-importing-photos-into-windows/901c7e61-e6a4-496b-b9bb-2a45070d5b55
  5. no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos: When I try to import pictures into Photos it finds the SD card but instead of showing thumbnails of the pictures I just get icons. How can I select the pictures I want to import if I can't see them. I'd like to use this program but with big problem it looks like I'll be going...
  6. no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos: When I try to import pictures into Photos it finds the SD card but instead of showing thumbnails of the pictures I just get icons. How can I select the pictures I want to import if I can't see them. I'd like to use this program but with big problem it looks like I'll be going...
  7. How to find photos that appear in the “Photo” tile when it does the little slideshow in the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find photos that appear in the “Photo” tile when it does the little slideshow in the...: I have a unique question. In this screenshot, if you see the “Photo” tile, it shows a thumbnail. There are some pictures that I accidentally deleted and want to get them back, but they are gone. Except that it still shows in the little slideshow the Photo tile has. Is there...
  8. Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.: This problem applies to only one folder which is named Upholstery. This is a screenshot of the contents of that folder: [ATTACH] When I open any one of the pictures I just get this seemingly compressed vertical line. If I choose to unlock it, I can enlarge it but it is...
  9. Help! Windows 10 old photos still shown in photo live tile.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Windows 10 old photos still shown in photo live tile.: So I need some help. My girlfriend saw some old old inappropriate pictures in the photo live tile. I deleted these pictures along time ago. However, she doesn't believe me and thinks I cheated on her, which I would never do I love her a lot. I recently updated Windows 10 and...
  10. Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos: Since the last update my windows 10 won't show the thumbnails. I tried to delete some of the photos and they won't delete either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-show-photo-thumbnails-or-delete/7ae425f5-00bd-4b35-a882-4e7189aeb4e8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted photo still shows up on thumbnail