Windows 10: Windows 10 deleted Thunderbird

Discus and support Windows 10 deleted Thunderbird in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my laptop, this morning (5 March 2019) a blue screen appeared stating that an error had been detected and Windows would restart shortly. It did, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RAFWriter, Mar 5, 2019.

1. RAFWriter Win User

Windows 10 deleted Thunderbird

On my laptop, this morning (5 March 2019) a blue screen appeared stating that an error had been detected and Windows would restart shortly. It did, but I found that my email program, Mozilla Thunderbird, had been deleted. So far, no other programs seem to have been affected. Any ideas? And can I get my emails and contacts back?

:)

RAFWriter, Mar 5, 2019
  2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

SK-1, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Thunderbird and Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, perform the following troubleshooting steps:

• Temporary disable software that could be blocking Thunderbird's functionality. (e.g. Antivirus software)
    • If the issue still persists, perform a clean boot to identify what software is hindering Thunderbird. Click on this

link
      on how.
    Let us know how it goes.

Gerald Vit, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 deleted Thunderbird - Similar Threads - deleted Thunderbird

2. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file: A quick background: I was extending my recovery drive for the workaround for the win update error: 0x80070643 Windows 10 KB503444. In the process, I had to restore the RE image. I executed: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"c:\install.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mountwim /readonly It...
  3. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file: A quick background: I was extending my recovery drive for the workaround for the win update error: 0x80070643 Windows 10 KB503444. In the process, I had to restore the RE image. I executed: dism /mount-wim /wimfile:"c:\install.wim" /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mountwim /readonly It...
  4. How do I delete a folder created by mounting the uncompressed install.wim file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting accounts on old laptop.: I have two accounts on my original laptop. I have transfered one of these accounts onto my new laptop. I now want to delete the transfered account from my original laptop. My problem is; if I delete the account from my original laptop will it delete all the files that i...
  6. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting accounts on old laptop.: I have two accounts on my original laptop. I have transfered one of these accounts onto my new laptop. I now want to delete the transfered account from my original laptop. My problem is; if I delete the account from my original laptop will it delete all the files that i...
  7. Deleting accounts on old laptop.

8. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  9. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  10. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...