Windows 10: Windows 10 deletes files without permission, they seemed unrecoverable, but came back out...

Discus and support Windows 10 deletes files without permission, they seemed unrecoverable, but came back out... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run a gaming channel on YouTube. Today is editing day, so I'm minding my own business, exporiting Audactiy files into .mp3 and putting episodes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaggeiraWesker, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 deletes files without permission, they seemed unrecoverable, but came back out...

I run a gaming channel on YouTube. Today is editing day, so I'm minding my own business, exporiting Audactiy files into .mp3 and putting episodes together in Adobe Premiere.

Spontaneously, and without permission, Windows deletes my "processed audio" folder from an external drive without my consent. I check the recycle bin; it's not there. "No big deal," I think, as I only lost one file and it was easy enough to export again.

After editing a few more episodes, I start looking for my facecam files, because an extra episode I recorded for my vlog channel was supposed to have one. Suddenly, NONE of the facecam files exist in their designated folder, nor the recycle bin.

I had turned Storage Sense off last week, but it turned itself BACK on pretty sure Windows didn't update, but don't quote me on that, and has wiped out ten of my work files. I figured I'd try ctrl-z on the folder, and I discover a NEW problem: the folder is read-only and this cannot be changed even though the operation ran and it SAID it had, which makes me wonder why the files are missing in the first place. The computer hasn't been reset since I started working, which rules out a user profie error. Yes, I am the administrator. Yes, "show hidden files is on." No, my antivirus isn't the problem.

Why did storage sense turn itself back on when I SPECIFICALLY turned it off to avoid this problem? Why is it deleting files from a drive with 3.2 TERABYTES free on it? Tl;dr: what in the name of hell is going on, and why hasn't it been patched?!

Going to try Recuva, but the LAST time I tried using it and files were missing, they no longer existed; so I'm assuming your unstable mess of an operating system has just messed up MONTHS of work. Microsoft, please fix this. Premiere no longer supports Win7, so I'm STUCK with this failure and I'm not happy. I doubt I'm the only one.

EDIT: The recovery was unsuccessful; the files are COMPLETELY gone, somehow. I REALLY don't appreciate my work being destroyed for NO reason by your buggy OS. Get it together, for the love of god.

2ND EDIT: They... Reappeared. Not the initial deleted folder, mind you, but the videos did. Um... I'm just gonna assume either my PC or your OS is posessed... And this PC is barely a month old. How even...? The only logical answer I can come up with is that the ATTEMPT to recover each drive somehow reminded Windows where its files were. This operating system is the devil.

:)

DaggeiraWesker, Jan 28, 2021
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Scoka Win User
    File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 10 deletes files without permission, they seemed unrecoverable, but came back out...

Tenforo, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 deletes files without permission, they seemed unrecoverable, but came back out...

1. Windows 10 deletes files without permission, they seemed unrecoverable, but came back out... - Similar Threads - deletes files without

2. Urgent Assistance Needed: Files Deleting Randomly and Unrecoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Files Deleting Randomly and Unrecoverable: Urgent Help Needed! Critical Issue: Files in My Downloads Folder Disappear Randomly and Cannot Be Recovered Despite Numerous Attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urgent-assistance-needed-files-deleting-randomly/271c4dd4-28be-4fe2-b19e-511bd2d7986e
  3. Urgent Assistance Needed: Files Deleting Randomly and Unrecoverable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Files Deleting Randomly and Unrecoverable: Urgent Help Needed! Critical Issue: Files in My Downloads Folder Disappear Randomly and Cannot Be Recovered Despite Numerous Attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urgent-assistance-needed-files-deleting-randomly/271c4dd4-28be-4fe2-b19e-511bd2d7986e
  4. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  5. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  6. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files: Hello, I have been very confused and upset with what's been happening with my computer lately. About a week ago, it did an update while I was in a call on Discord. It didn't ask for permission or anything, it just updated by itself. When it was done updating, I realized my...
  8. Files came back after factory reset ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files came back after factory reset ?: I’ve been having a lot of problems with my pc (dell xps 13 I think 2016) with Internet connection, and I fully factory reset it from advanced options. That didn’t work but I ended up fixing the problem with a wifi antenna, but now my airpods are having connectivity issues and...
  9. Admin Can't delete files without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Can't delete files without permission: When I go into user Accounts it says I am Admin, but when I go to delete something it says I need permission from administratordesktop-914tkhd administrator. When I go to the advances security Tab it says I have full control but I still can't delete the files in the folder....
  10. File permissions to delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions to delete file: I keep having the issue of not being able to delete files without permissions. I looked up many tutorials and none of them worked for me. [img] 87463