Windows 10: windows 10 deleting files

Discus and support windows 10 deleting files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. Today I became sure that windows 10 is deleting files. No virus in my computer,scanned with kaspersky and windows defender. my C waf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ephesuseph, Dec 12, 2018.

1. windows 10 deleting files

Hi there. Today I became sure that windows 10 is deleting files. No virus in my computer,scanned with kaspersky and windows defender. my C waf completely full, but now I see that 3 GB was deleted. It happened last year and 20GB was deleted, no viruses again. I dont know which files or file extenses are deleted. Windows Defender shows no files in quarantine. Is there a way to see which is the last file deleted fron my laptop ?

:)

ephesuseph, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Tintai Win User

windows 10 deleting files

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 deleting files

1. windows 10 deleting files - Similar Threads - deleting files

2. I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10: I have Kaspersky anti virus program to control my pc, and they found Trojan.Win32.Agent in D;/Wintools/HijackThis.exe I want to delete it and tried to open Drive D, but it does not allow me to open it. The Kaspersky has no object to remove this virus too What can I do ?...
  3. Deleting files does not free space after "Volume Shadow Copy" MS malware removed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting files does not free space after "Volume Shadow Copy" MS malware removed.: Is Windows actually counting free space, or just guessing? How can I delete 2.5GB from the recycle bin and have only 20MB free space afterwards? Why does deleting files not free space, I have already disabled the malware "System Volume Shadow Copy" which does nothing but eat...
  4. Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files: Hi, Prior to me using this computer, my colleague was using it (lets call him Bob). We are all network users but of course it creates local profile and stores data in c:\Users\Bob. Bob is gone now. So I have removed him as a user on this computer, in order to free up...
  5. It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.

It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.: i updated to the new windows 10 patch and though i didn't like it as all my browser setting and bookmarks and favourites were removed and it took me ages to locate all my files and folders (i knew they were there as i checked how much memory i had left), the next day my...
  6. All my existing files and folders have been deleted by W10 1903 upgrade(?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my existing files and folders have been deleted by W10 1903 upgrade(?): I am in the UK. Two days ago my HP laptop automatically updated its drivers and a few hours later the Windows 10 1903 tried to install. y laptop showed over a period of 6 hours several sequences of downloads and installs eventually freezing at 8% install. Last night the...
  7. Permanent deletion of all files and information on laptop with windows 10.

Permanent deletion of all files and information on laptop with windows 10.: Hello great swami's I would like to gift my 2 in 1 laptop to someone but I need to make sure that all of my information ie, bank records, account numbers, various shall I say, risqué pictures of my girlfriend and cetera are permanently deleted from the computer. Does...
  8. Unable to delete files and folders

Unable to delete files and folders: I am unable to delete any files or folders directly on my system. However, if I cut & paste them onto a different location, I can immediately delete it. This happens intermittently. Is there a fix to this?...
  9. deleted files

deleted files: I had to do a system reset with Windows 10 and when it said "personal files will not be deleted" I thought all of my files would be safe. Wrong! How can I recover thousands of lost files after the reset?...
  10. windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords!

windows update deleted everything including all files and passwords!: Help - the update (just finished) appears to have deleted everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-everything-including-all/d3ba3e94-738a-4443-a606-48a1afbc9d31