Windows 10: Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details

Discus and support Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 following the end of extended support for 7. Since then I've been trying to change or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stephen_Hawkins, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 following the end of extended support for 7. Since then I've been trying to change or update file details for new MP3s that I've downloaded, but despite following the steps to do so in 7, Windows 10 simply erases EVERY FILE PROPERTY there!

Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/Stephen_Hawkins
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stephen_Hawkins, Mar 12, 2020

2. MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Can't Change MP3 Details

Hi David,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions with regard to changing the details of MP3 files.

• Are you getting any error messages when changing the details of a Mp3 file? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details

deleting podcasts from my mp3 on win 10 media player

Hi Ernie,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with not able to delete files from mp3 player using Windows Media player. We will certainly help you.

This issue might occur when the Mp3 file is broken or when it is not compatible with the Windows Media Player or other media players.

Firstly, I would suggest you to open Media player and try to refresh the device and try deleting the songs.

Method 2: Run Windows Media Player Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Troubleshooter. Follow the below steps to run Windows Media Player:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

For information about how to reset your device, see the documentation that came with your device.

Method 2: If the above steps do not help, you may try to delete music files directly from the mp3 player, follow the steps below:

To delete music files using the computer, follow these steps:

1. Connect your mp3 player to the computer.

2. Select Open device to view files using Windows Explorer on initial connection.

3. Locate the folder where your music files are stored.

4. Right click and select delete the music files or folder.

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details

1. Windows 10 Deleting MP3 File Details - Similar Threads - Deleting MP3 File

2. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  3. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  4. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...

Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...: Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing artist, Album artist parameters. All properties functioned perfectly in Windows 7 for years, but Not in Windows 10 If you add text to Title for example and say OK and close it. Then...
  6. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  7. Computer crashing after saving changes to details tab of MP3 files.

Computer crashing after saving changes to details tab of MP3 files.: I open any folder containing MP3 music files. Right click on any file to open up the properties page. Click on the details tab to edit file details. After completion of changes. I click on okay to save file. 30-60 seconds pause. Screen turns blue then to blank. Screen...
  8. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......
  9. Can't edit mp3 details

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 details: So recently I decided to build up my music library on my phone, so I also wanted to update some of my music with details (album, artist, etc) but for some reason it won't let me do it even as an admin So here's what I've done so far: 1. Went to properties 2. Went to...
  10. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

in Windows 10 Support
    AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does: Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number...