Windows 10: Windows 10 deleting my audio devices? what do I do? help.

Discus and support Windows 10 deleting my audio devices? what do I do? help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey so basically I recently got a new headset (Razer Kraken 2019) and I started messing around in the windows sound settings to try and make it sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hoodie_010, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 deleting my audio devices? what do I do? help.

Hey so basically I recently got a new headset (Razer Kraken 2019) and I started messing around in the windows sound settings to try and make it sound even better right?

Here's the thing, In the sound settings I found something called ''Windows sonic for headsets'' spatial sound or something, except once I turned it on I had no sound AT ALL!

So I did what most people would do I opened up the troubleshooting app thinking that it would probably fix something, so windows prompted me and asked if I would like to ''disable audio enchancements''

So I clicked yes, and b00m all of my audio devices except Realtek audio Speakers / Headsets were gone.

Razer surround stopped working, restarting the computer did nothing, sfc /scannow didn't help, it fixed something but my audio devices weren't coming back, restore point is fucked, I've left it running for like 13 hours it's been stuck on ''restoring system registry''

I don't know what to do, the mic isn't being detected either.

I contacted razer support, and even they thought this was weird, so far I did everything they told me to do, like chkdsk and stuff, I reinstalled some drivers, restarted audio services, tried to reinstall razer surround drivers, reinstalling the app, it didn't help, I tried to reinstall other drivers, Nothing is helping.

it happened about 2 days ago.

I would try turning the enchancements back on, except I don't know how! searching it up only showed me results for how to turn them off!

Please help!

submitted by /u/Hoodie_010
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hoodie_010, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 deleting my audio devices? what do I do? help.

Audio Not Working after numerous fixes...

Hi there J, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I can suggest is DELETE completely all the Audio drivers listed in the device manager.

There should be a small box that you can tick to delete completely the Audio driver.

And make sure you remove all audio devices listed.

Here is how to do it

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 deleting my audio devices? what do I do? help.

1. Windows 10 deleting my audio devices? what do I do? help. - Similar Threads - deleting audio devices

2. My computer is no longer producing audio. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is no longer producing audio. What do I do?: I recently just moved this computer into a new house. Today, I found it hasn't been producing any audio, whether it's the system itself or videos, etc. The night before, I knew the ding from the system could be heard, because I was deleting some files I thought were trash....
  3. My computer is no longer producing audio. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is no longer producing audio. What do I do?: I recently just moved this computer into a new house. Today, I found it hasn't been producing any audio, whether it's the system itself or videos, etc. The night before, I knew the ding from the system could be heard, because I was deleting some files I thought were trash....
  4. My computer is no longer producing audio. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What do i Do? Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do i Do? Please Help: Games aren't starting and or crash immediately on playing, apps that have been deleted still show up in storage in settings, massive amounts of storage use from unexplainable sources, i have scanned my computer over 10 times of the full scans, i have done everything that is...
  6. What do i Do? Please Help

What do i Do? Please Help: Games aren't starting and or crash immediately on playing, apps that have been deleted still show up in storage in settings, massive amounts of storage use from unexplainable sources, i have scanned my computer over 10 times of the full scans, i have done everything that is...
  7. My msiexec.exe got deleted by a virus what do i do?

My msiexec.exe got deleted by a virus what do i do?: I just recently got a Windows 11 device and i was installing some stuff, i somehow got the wacatac trojan. By the time i realized it and installed a proper antivirus to eliminate it it had infected and deleted most of my .exe files for some reason including some system files...
  8. My PC shows that no audio output device is installed. What do i do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC shows that no audio output device is installed. What do i do?: no audio driver is installed how do i get one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-shows-that-no-audio-output-device-is/25b67c82-cb1d-4a16-936f-12bd7b6559c4
  9. Need help, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, what do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gie34 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt527p/need_help_what_do_i_do/
  10. windows 10 how do i what to delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 how do i what to delete: how do i I delete programs entirely to make room for updates in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-how-do-i-what-to-delete/d62049c5-74d1-4ec0-843f-0574f4243c4b"