Windows 10: Windows 10 delivery optimization advanced options download setting can't be set

Discus and support Windows 10 delivery optimization advanced options download setting can't be set in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 PC's, both are Windows 10 x64 pro version 1809 build 17763.194. They are both on the same Ethernet router connected to a DSL line. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dougmat(1), Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 delivery optimization advanced options download setting can't be set

I have 2 PC's, both are Windows 10 x64 pro version 1809 build 17763.194. They are both on the same Ethernet router connected to a DSL line. The notebook update advanced options download setting are set at 50%. The desktop setting download settings when set to 50% "always revert back to 100%". When updates are randomly downloaded by Microsoft there is no DSL bandwidth remaining for a 2nd PC to use. Each PC took 12 hours to download the 1809 update. During the desktop update the notebook couldn't get any bandwidth to operate. This is very disruptive.

This is a Windows 10 issue and has been around for a long time. I need a fix to make the desktop bandwidth settings work.

:)

dougmat(1), Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Windows Update and Delivery Optimization burning through data on metered connection

We suggest that to manage your connection consume for Windows Update and Delivery Optimization is to configure Delivery Optimization through Group Policy and Windows Update by deferring the Windows Update.

For more information on how to use Group Policy to configure Windows Update Delivery Optimization in Windows 10, check this
    link.

Deferring Windows upgrades prevent your device from getting the latest Windows features downloaded or installed for several months. It doesn't affect any security updates. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Settings in Cortana Search and press
      Enter
    • Click Update & Security and click Advance Options under
      Update settings.
    • Check the tick box for Defer feature updates.

Let us know how it goes to assist you further.

Erika Aro, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 delivery optimization advanced options download setting can't be set

Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Windows update Delivery optimization is a Microsoft service that takes care of updates (windows + Microsoft Store Apps).

There are 2 things you can do to solve this problem:

1. Stop Windows update delivery Optimization:

• Go to Settings
    • Click on Update & Security
    • Click Advanced Options
    • Click on Delivery Optimization
    • Set Slider(Allow Downloads from other PCs) to off

2. Disable Automatic App updates from Microsoft Store:

(Note: Doing this will stop you from getting any updates from Microsoft Store. However, you can do this manually. These apps include Groove music player, mail, Movies & TV etc.)

• Go to Microsoft Store
    • Go to menu
    • Select Settings
    • Set slider(Update Apps automatically) to off
    • Restart your device

Harsh_Ajudia, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 delivery optimization advanced options download setting can't be set

1. Windows 10 delivery optimization advanced options download setting can't be set - Similar Threads - delivery optimization advanced

2. Windows 10 : Settings -> Windows Update -> Delivery Optimization -> Advanced Options ->...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 : Settings -> Windows Update -> Delivery Optimization -> Advanced Options ->...: Clicking the Tick Boxes in the above window and attempting to change the'Limit how much bandwidth is used for uploading updates to other PCs on the Internet'slider OR the'Monthly upload limit'sliderhas no effect .Shouldn't this be prompting me for an Admin Password , or,...
  3. Windows 10 Delivery Optimization

Windows 10 Delivery Optimization: Hi, I am not sure of how Windows Update Delivery Optimization works. Situation: two Windows 10 PCs router cable connected as a network, checked for Windows updates whenever either of them get switched on, both have Windows Update Delivery Optimization switched on, use one PC...
  4. Windows 10 Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Delivery optimization: I am using windows 10 single language home 10.0.19042 and system uses bunch of data like 1 GB data in few seconds and I tried e[ATTACH]very thing to stop it and This the only thing in windows annoys me a lot because I have limit data pack....
  5. Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery optimization is grayed out, as is advanced settings allowing me to control bandwidth: Delivery optimization is grayed out -- I cannot choose to allow or deny downloading from other computers on my network. Advanced settings is also grayed out so I can't control how much bandwidth update is using, in either the foreground or the background. submitted by...
  6. What setting for Delivery Optimization when using DirectAccess

What setting for Delivery Optimization when using DirectAccess: Most staff now connecting in via DirectAccess as opposed to a small minority. Client's Windows 10 1809 ent. When rolling out Windows updates via internal WSUS, there is a noticeable rise in complaints about poor network performance. I currently have Computer Configuration...
  7. I can't seem to save my settings on the 'Delivery Optimization'.

I can't seem to save my settings on the 'Delivery Optimization'.: I'm having some trouble with downloads from the Microsoft store. I attempted to fix this by going to settings/update&security/deliveryoptimization/advancedsettings and ticking the option to 'limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates in the background'. But for...
  8. No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.

No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.: I installed Xubuntu but would now like to remove it. I hit restart while holding the shift key but when I click on troubleshoot there is only Startup Settings. Why? And how do I fix this submitted by /u/GuidonBedon [link] [comments]...
  9. No advanced setting option for email

in Windows 10 Customization
    No advanced setting option for email: New computer. Windows 10. Email account active but no email. Manage tab supposed to have advanced settings to enter smtp, etc but its not there. What am i missing here?...
  10. Delivery Optimization can't upload

Delivery Optimization can't upload: My brother is trying to drag a game from me using the delivery optimization. I can drag stuff from him but he and his 2 computers can drag from each other but for some reason mine will not upload. Anyone have any ideas. I have enabled sharing, security is turned off, I went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows delivery optimization advanced settings

2. no advanced option in delivery optimizatioin