Windows 10: Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.

Discus and support Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Does anyone know why I have this giant folder on my Computer. Cant even use my SSD becuase of this taking up to much space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArvidWinge, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.

Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big. 18504256-0a69-4663-9cf3-14aca53b9236?upload=true.png

Does anyone know why I have this giant folder on my Computer. Cant even use my SSD becuase of this taking up to much space.

:)

ArvidWinge, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Sean Bond Win User
    DeliveryOptimization folder - why is it there?

Hi,

I noticed a couple of weeks back that a DeliveryOptimization folder appeared in the root of my data drive. I've made no changes to my Windows Update configuration and don't use the Delivery Optimization feature.

I can delete the folder but it reappears with seemingly no pattern.

Why is this folder appearing? Can I remove it permanently?

If not - can I move it to another drive?

Many thanks,

Sean

Sean Bond, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Sean Bond Win User

Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.

DeliveryOptimization folder - why is it there?

Also, according to the Microsoft information about this folder it should, by default, be placed on my %SYSTEMDRIVE% but for some reason it appears on my DATA drive....

Modify Cache Drive

This setting allows for an alternate Delivery Optimization cache location on the clients. By default, the cache is stored on the operating system drive through the %SYSTEMDRIVE% environment variable. You can set the value
    to an environment variable (e.g., %SYSTEMDRIVE%), a drive letter (e.g., DWindows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big. :), or a folder path (e.g., D:\DOCache).

GPO information

The update process in Windows 10 and Server 2016 is nowhere near as reliable, speedy and efficient as that on previous Windows OSs so I assume I'll just have to add this issue to the long list of others.

Sean Bond, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.

1. Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big. - Similar Threads - deliveryoptimization Cache folder

2. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very big problem repair windows: computer doesn't boot into windowsnothing in the "advanced options" of Windows Recovery Environment works, they all failedhow to find the specific window version of a computer can you find that info in the - bios settings - Windows Recovery Environment - or anywhere...
  3. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very big problem repair windows: computer doesn't boot into windowsnothing in the "advanced options" of Windows Recovery Environment works, they all failedhow to find the specific window version of a computer can you find that info in the - bios settings - Windows Recovery Environment - or anywhere...
  4. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. very big concern

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    very big concern: i own a hp elitebook 840 g2 which had come pre installed with windows 8.1 and i downloaded show key plus and it successfully detetcted the key from the motherboard. i have noted it down. I wanted to re install windows for some reasons but when i download the media creation...
  6. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...: I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using Windows 10 on this computer, new system folders are appearing in the root of this secondary drive. The folders are...
  7. Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Cache folder with 100gb: I have a Cache Folder that just go bigger and bigger and I want to know if and how I can clear it. Normal Windows Clean Up dosent work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cache-folder-with-100gb/17245522-c205-4cda-9541-0c6619e521fa
  8. DeliveryOptimization Cache Taking Up 50gb of space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DeliveryOptimization Cache Taking Up 50gb of space: I have run through a disk cleanup before and it didn't take any of it off, I was wondering if I could just delete the big file. Thank you, The Doctor that is drunk submitted by /u/Drunken_Dictato [link] [comments]...
  9. Very big problem!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very big problem!: Can these programs cause BSoD? Visual Studio MySQL Xampp VirtualBox Cisco Packet Tracer After I installed these BSoD appeared when gaming. I made pagefile bigger and I updated every part of windows. And yes my PC can handle the game (AC: Unity) submitted by...
  10. Icon cache folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon cache folder in Windows 10: Hello All, It seems like every time I reboot, my icons always go back to their original state after I sort them where I want them to be. My laptop is used/refurbished. I know the last owner had a serious virus on it because two of my memory banks still aren't working. I...