Windows 10: Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yep updating the BIOS did the trick. Thanks for all the help guys. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bnichols024, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue

Yep updating the BIOS did the trick. Thanks for all the help guys.

Bnichols024, Aug 18, 2015

2. We had two Dell laptops same issue. Problem is with explorer.exe not running. Caused by: IDT Audio Fix: Uninstall IDT Audio. Worked on both! Launch Task Manager by CTRL-ALT-DEL, run task appwiz.cpl.

Cheers!
    Mark

markonsitefast, Nov 10, 2015
  3. If Win+P doesn't work, I believe there is a way to change your display settings through Windows Settings. Go to System > Display > Multiple Displays. First try "Duplicate these displays", if that doesn't work, Try "Show only on 2".

I hope that helps. *Wink

Michaelvas17, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue

I have a Dell Inspiron 7537 I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 but the installation fails - see https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...what-next.html

Have any other Dell Laptop owners had this problem and do you have any solutions? Did you have to turn off Secure Boot on your Dell laptop for the installation to succeed?

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue

1. Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop Upgrade

2. Windows 11 upgrade eligiblity for Alienware Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade eligiblity for Alienware Dell laptop: I have a 3-year-old Alienware 13 R3 Dell laptop that "doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11". I've checked the requirements and my current setup seems to meet them all. I rang Dell to check if they could tell me what I could upgrade on my...
  3. Boot Issue with Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot Issue with Dell Laptop: My laptop has an issue when it boots. After booting to SystemAssist, I pressed F2 and ask skipped the scanning. It brought me to what looks like the UEFI BIOS Menu. I’m not sure where to go from here. I suspect it’s the UEFI Boot menu in BIOS. The issue is there is no windows...
  4. In windows 10 Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In windows 10 Dell laptop: windows is upgraded 7 to 10 recently. Initially wifi icon appearing and worked normally. within 2 days, icon missing and connectivity thro wifi lost. tried all sorts of trouble shooters. did not work. how to get back wifi icon and connectivity thro wifi. thank...
  5. Microsoft upgrade causing issues with Dell Laptop

Microsoft upgrade causing issues with Dell Laptop: Hello, Hoping someone will be able to assist with some unusual issues my Dell Laptop has developed. I think the problems have happened after an automatic microsoft upgrade. The laptop seems to be a bit possed, the speakers are making a ticking sound, the mouse and...
  6. Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop startup issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop startup issues: On trying to start, my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop fails with the following: BSOD 0xc0000001 error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED System Restore doesn't work (there is a restore point recorded) Go back to the previous version doesn't work (there are checkpoints for...
  7. Dell laptop freezes after upgrading to windows 10

Dell laptop freezes after upgrading to windows 10: After installing windows 10 with the media creation tool 1809 via USB stick on my Dell laptop inspiron 7737, it keeps freezing after a few seconds of starting up and logging in. I tried to. Start it in safe mode and download chipset driver but it won't install l, it gets an...
  8. Dell Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Dell Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: Dell sent me the wrong Operating system(Windows 10 Home) which I used to rebuild my hard drive. After I discovered the mistake they sent me the correct USB with Windows 10 Pro. I want to be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without losing my files and applications I have...
  9. Windows 10 Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Dell Laptop: Hey there everyone, i'm a massive noob to this forum I've got a general enquiry Im running windows 10 on a 2-3 year old dell laptop, i haven't added a spec list but can do if need be however i have found that the past year my laptop has stopped charging it's battery, i've...
  10. Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10

Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10: *ConfusedHello All, I'm not sure if I am in the right forum, if not please let me know. I have a Dell laptop XPS 1530 with 4 gigs of ram running windows 7 professional. I have all the notices from MS that Windows 10 is on my laptop awaiting installation. I found out that...